Recent content by jjk1

1. J

Watches! What do y'all have on your wrists?

Oh man a watch thread - pawn shop today. cheap thrills. $180.00 for the pair. Mid 50’s and running fine. one of many rabbit holes to follow.
  2. J

Bluesound HUB opinions

I’ve got a node, and a Wiim pro plus and now I have to go find this thing exists on the market. looks really interesting and I wonder how it performs . I don’t think it has its own brain but looks like an interesting digital switch that can be controlled by anyone with a blusound product. right...
  3. J

WiiM Pro Plus - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

Yes -airplay to the Wiim can be redirected via airplay bridge. read your post and did the following from my seat on the sofa 1. airplay to wiim or device feeding Wiim optical and direct the out to any and all network connected airplay devices i my case I picked and ATV 4 in the living room, and...
  4. J

Apple TV 3'rd Generation - AirPlay measurements over TOSLINK

Yes - ultimately the amp controls the volume but with the ATV 3 running 24bit volume control on its optical output you can control all that Apple Music has to offer but without the need for an hdmi connection and it gives you 24bit CD+ 2channel PCM set free in your audio network Without a...
  5. J

FYI - I was able to get both the ATV 3rd gen A1427, and A1469 to light lock the DAC at 24bit when streaming via airplay from Apple Music on any iOS device with optical output. In my case the settings in the ATV is Dolby “on“ in the A1469, and Dolby “Auto” on the A1427. PCM extraction solved...
  6. J

Thank you - light dawns over marble head.
  7. J

WiiM pro soundquality as a digital transport and the digital volume control quality when listening to music

with the Wiim - for airplay I use an ATV version 3 (airplay 1) connected to Wiim via HDMI and also to an Oppo ha-1 over its optical output. I use the Wiim DAC for tv, ( love to set it to “spoken word“ for tv ) or if I want to apply PEQ to Apple Music over hdmi and out the coax port of the Wiim...
  8. J

Yeah - this particular ATV (and new models I guess) output 24bit - what’s in it I don’t know but these are airplay1 so at least 96db of range CD quality on 24bit volume control all the way to every speaker I want without at HDMI or a tv screen If I choose. It makes airplay for Apple Music at...
  9. J

WiiM Pro Plus - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

Is there any way to monitor the bit rate of the lpcm coming through optical input on this device without tools on a pc? im curious as Apple Music is reporting 24bit on an outbound DAC where the stream originated from airplay via at3 v3. I always thought Apple Music was limited to 16bits over...
  10. J

I have a couple of modern ATVs and they pass 24bit audio over hdmi through to a wiim pro plus and out to a DAC that reports a 24 bit lock. the ATV gen 3 Model A1469 does the same thing over optical and hdmi passed through the Wiim over hdmi reporting 24bit crossed over or directly to the end DAC...
  11. J

There are apparently 2 versions of the 3rd gen ATV. A1469, and A1427. In my systems only the A1469 will light up a DAC with a 24bit stream from Apple Music on iOS via airplay. All other non hdmi ATVs with an optical output will only output 16bit on the optical connection. These things are 20...
  12. J

Thank you for doing these measurements and confirming what I finally figured out today. I‘ve been trying to get wireless lossless 24 bit volume control over optical or coax Apple Music bits at higher than acc sampling rates. airplay 2 won’t do it without a wire from your iOS device. The ATV...
  13. J

Playing Apple Music HiRes

Yeah it’s 2023 and apple still makes it difficult to get CD resolution from any device you happen to want to point it at even though their underlying tech is as good as anyone’s and being able to support it. The closest I can get to full CD Apple Music in 2 streams or in my case 2 locations is...
  14. J

Question about PCM volume control between 24 or 32 bit DACs.

im using it’s DAC in esample 1, and a different external DAC in example 2 and 3 - source volume variable and calculated by the Wiim DAC in all 3 examples. What device is swinging the voltage in example 2 and 3 when set in bypass mode and if it’s not the Wiim, does the signal accumulate flaws in...
  15. J

Question about PCM volume control between 24 or 32 bit DACs.

OK - examples currently 1. source music (internet, cd, tv digits) +Wiim analog out to amplifier preamp - speakers 2. Same source path - Wiim digital output to Oppo headlamp DAC input - set to pass through so its output circuitry is at 2v always right ? - to analog preamp- speakers. 3. Same...
Top Bottom