Recent content by Jhify

1. J

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

There’s way better on the market for sure but even with a worst amp than this Fosi the weakest link in the chain will be our ears
  2. J

I was saying in case the one provided fails in few years.
  3. J

If it’s basic barrel non-proprietary connexion maybe you can replace it with any power supply.
  4. J

Couldn’t agree more as an amateur musician and producer real world music has little energy in the upper spectrum. I don’t think it could ever be an issue.
  5. J

From what Ive read hearing threshold for IMD is about -70db and this amp has a very large headroom in that regard in the frequency range that matters. It’ll be transparent for 99,999..% of us and the rest will probably hear the issues of their room and speakers first. Let’s be glad we can get...
  6. J

You are right and we would have all loved to see the 18bits range flat to 20k but the perf is most likely still beyond human hearing all over the spectrum.
  7. J

Can you hear those ? I’m 32 and can’t hear much above 17k. I don’t think 15 years old are much interested in audiophile stuff it won’t be an issue.
  8. J

looking for a streamer/DAC with Airplay 2 + wifi to connect Adam active speakers

Used Mac mini M1 + any usb dac you want. You can software PEQ as much as you want and even install Dirac live. It’ll be cheaper, better, and more versatile than any streamer you can find on the market.
  9. J

Studio monitor speakers without hiss?

I don't think it's about being able to hear the hiss with music on for many people here we most of the time can't unless the monitors are very bad or faulty. My monitors are on all day long and I don't want to hear any hiss when there's no playback and I grab a guitar or go on the piano to try...
  10. J

Any measurements of Macbook M1 base model's DAC?

If you're in the apple ecosystem the best streamer you can get: A used base Mac mini M1. You can stream lossless airplay to it, it works seamlessly and you can later add any dsp you want. Soundsource for PEQ for exemple. Or install dirac live on it. The headphone jack of the mac mini is decent...
  11. J

Usually what people call "musical" with vintage/tube amps is the extra harmonic distortions they had to the signal. Some people may argue the "good way" to listen to music is to stay true to the source but don't listen to them there's nothing wrong with liking some extra spices on your meal. The...
  12. J

What do you mean ? There's no jack output since iphone 7 if I recall correctly.
  13. J

I'd suspect the measurements of the M2 to be about the same as the M1. Considering your electronic chain the vintage tube amplifier is most likely the bottleneck and considering spotify prenium is 320kbps the mac DAC is fine and surpass those two elements there's no need for external DAC :)...
  14. J

Topping PA3s Review (Desktop Amplifier)

Yes maybe. I don't get the benefit of it. I DSP my speakers too and have a flat curve with only one amp but I'll look into it maybe I'm missing something.
  15. J

Topping PA3s Review (Desktop Amplifier)

I used both Balanced and single ended I didn't notice much difference with the hiss I had to stick my ear right on the tweeter with both to hear any background noise it's absolutely dead quiet at 1 meter. Maybe it was your source ? 3 of them ? If one is able to drive your speakers to the volume...
Top Bottom