Recent content by jgirado

1. J

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Count me in if contribution is needed.
  2. J

Monoprice HTP-1 Home Theater Processor Review

I suggest asking over XMC-2 forum: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/3090736-official-emotiva-xmc-2-owners-thread.html You'll probably have more luck there...
  3. J

Monoprice HTP-1 Home Theater Processor Review

It's a great soundind pre-pro with almost zero issues, and the ones it has are not important (in my opinion). I have mine since mid-Feb and couldn't be happier.
  4. J

Onkyo AccuEQ Room EQ Review

No, I believe this Onkyo (and my previous Onkyo TX-RZ900) were the firsts with AccuEQ (after Onkyo abandoned Audyssey). They only support one position, the following models support more mic positions. BTW, In my room + speakers, I used this Onkyo with AccuEQ Room Calibration disabled for L/R...
  5. J

Which AVRs models have been purposed (or planned to) to Amirm for a review but still in the queue ?

Now that my Onkyo has been tested if @amirm wants I can send my very old Denon AVR-4806. It's heavy! So it's up to him if he wants it for review.
  6. J

Onkyo PR-RZ5100 AV Processor Review

Don't worry about resetting it, I did a factory reset before I ship it. Thanks for the test! Also, not sure if it matters, but I bought the Onkyo a couple of years back at discount, I think around 1500u$s. And now you can buy used one for less than 800u$s (once you find it). What's really sad...
  7. J

Which AVRs models have been purposed (or planned to) to Amirm for a review but still in the queue ?

Onkyo PR-RZ5100 Update: I reached a point in which I'm [almost] happy with my HTP-1 Dirac settings to let go of my Onkyo PR-RZ5100, so yesterday I packed it and I'll probably ship it to Amir this Friday or Saturday. Also, for me at least, the HTP-1 is rock solid (still the WEB based GUI on my...
  8. J

I need to make sure the replacement (HTP-1) is working properly and I'm happy with it. This is my first time with Dirac and so far it eludes me, not getting the same results, especially bass, compared to the Onkyo. Probably (I'm sure) is me since any room correction/eq entitle a learning curve...
  9. J

I already initiated a conversation with Amir to see if he want to review my Onkyo PR-RZ5100, let see what he says.
  10. J

Emotiva RMC-1 AV Processor Review

I already initiated a conversation with Amir to see if he want to review my Onkyo PR-RZ5100, let see what he says.
  11. J

PecanPi - Next Generation Raspberry Pi DAC and Streamer

Hi, I tried to buy the DAC + CASE today but it's back-ordered. When are you going to have more? Also, I do have a 9VCC/3A power supply so I don't need a new one. Can you tell me the tip size and polarity? Thanks in advance, Javier
  12. J

Thanks for your prompt response, I'll install Volumio and play a little bit (I don't have Roon right now). I'll use one of my USB crappy DACs in the meantime until I decide if I want the case or build mine (need to build on top a XLR switcher, etc.), pot, power supply, etc. Javier
  13. J

Hi, Planning to buy your PecanPi DAC and I have 2 questions (for now): 1) Should I wait for the incoming Feb 2020 update? Not interested in balanced headphones (don't have one nor planning to buy one), just in the best possible audio quality DAC (that can be used with my Raspberry Pi 2B). I...
Top Bottom