Recent content by JeyElDee

1. J

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Please read carefully what I wrote : I do have a NAS. And I am not talking about adding an SSD for a local library, I am talking about the amount of memory available to install the apps and future updates that might be larger. These will not install on the SSD. The amount of "ROM", as they...
  2. J

Of Course they do have different voltages, that is inherent to Balanced vs Single Ended. Though the voltage of XLR should not change when switching between XLR only and XLR+RCA. That proves the device is broken by design.
  3. J

Bought it this week and connected it yesterday. If you want to use this as pre-amp : be very carefull. I first connected it using RCA to an integrated amp and set the output to fixed. (output was variable but at -1 db) Having no sound I noticed that by default only XLR is selected as output...
  4. J

McIntosh MA6300 bias adjustment

I went to a local dealer that does repairs for a few decades now. https://staelenshifi.be/ And the guy opened the amp, knocked on the relay while one channel was not playing, hence the problem was found. He ordered it from McIntosh and replaced both relays himself. Now the amp is still...
  5. J

Audiolab launches flagship 9000 series Integrated Amplifier and CD Transport

Part 2... After a few days of listening, we defenately need some objective measurements. Because I noticed this amp is such fun. I can't stop listening to music. I can't really say much more : it is fun while delivering enough detail without any listening fatigue. Forget my idea about...
  6. J

Audiolab launches flagship 9000 series Integrated Amplifier and CD Transport

Last week I ordered one black Audiolab 9000A and yesterday it arrived. Not a big amp but good greef it is heavy. I don’t have the means of doing any objective measurements, so you will have to do with my extremely subjective ears. I have been using a lot of stuff that has been reviewed on ASR...
  7. J

Hifiman HE400SE Review (Headphone)

And if you don't want the fuzz but want to add EQ when just playing music, you can EQ from within the application. Before I usedseperate EQ software I just addes some EQ in the player (I used Musicbee) as follows. Note the minus -3,5 db on the preamp because I added +3,5 db of bass, just to be...
  8. J

Neumann KH 310A Review (Powered Monitor)

No, really. I mean it. They can play very loud BUT, if you add a sub, you can set the low on the monitor at minus x db and let the sub do more work. In that case they can play even louder. Of course there will be lower bass with a sub but I think it is not nessecary if you don't need the...
  9. J

Topping D10s USB DAC and Bridge Review

Actually, I owned this DAC (for a few days - sent it back). I could hear my computer through it. (eg CPU-noise, mouse movement - something described elsewhere on ASR) That was with a Desktop PC. No problem with a portable. Other Topping DAC's connected to that Desktop PC did not suffer from...
  10. J

Neumann KH 310A Review (Powered Monitor)

They don't need a sub unless you want to play extremely loud.
  11. J

Topping D10s USB DAC and Bridge Review

Although possible, this is not recommended. Knowing that the output is nominal 2 Volt, when sliding the volume up, you get full power. And when set at low volume, it might be very difficult to get the volume right. You will also get a worse S/N as all computernoise will go through at 100% and...
  12. J

Nordost Tyr 2 Review (USB Cable)

I tested such a cable once but the only thing I noticed was the speed. It was extremely fast. As soon as the cable was connected, music that I had in mind to play started playing before even booting the computer. So I didn't like it and sent it back. I don't like cables that know what music...
  13. J

Loxjie D40 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

There does not seem to be any auto on/off. Can't say anything about the standby mode.
  14. J

Yes, the output button and the mode button on the remote toggles between the three options : Single Ended = "SE" on the display, Balanced = "BAL" on the display, Both outputs simultaneously = "LIN" on the display.
  15. J

Sorry for the late answer. Yes it is possible : Long press on the 'output' button toggles between SE, BAL or both (LIN comes on the display - what could that mean ?). Short press toggles between HPA and the selected output (SE-BAL-Both, depending on the preveous setting) Now been using it...
Top Bottom