Recent content by jester7677

1. J

Anthem AVM70 Review (AV Processor)

Peng, my experience mirrors yours for sure and after investing a large amount of time with it, I came to a point where I had to either keep the unit and continue to invest time... or return it. I returned it and went back to my previous processor (Marantz AV7005). I couldn't get sufficient...
  2. J

Emotiva CMX-2 "AC line filter with DC offset eliminator" - seeking opinions/reviews

Thought I would add my 2 cents. Had a transformer buzz that would come and go in my 7 channel amp. Sometimes it would be audible from the speakers as well. Would randomly occur and would definitely occur when my wife uses her flattening iron in a bathroom upstairs, on a different circuit...
  3. J

What would you do from here? (REW Graph)

So what you are doing is EQ'ing prior to sending it to the receiver, is that right? I guess if you are invested in the PC route, ok. I use the Nvidia Shield to stream Plex (Server), Spotify, Kodi (FLAC), and Youtube, and then I have an Xbox Series X connected via HDMI and Toslink, so I have to...
  4. J

Yeah I have Audyssey and not the XT32 version as I’m using a AV7005.
  5. J

Will do all the suggestions above. I'm starting with LFE+Main, with the front speakers set to Large (so the Main Bass will get played by the Sub) and the crossover for the passing of that bass set to 200hz, and lets see if that fills in the big dip between 70 and 200. I'll do more testing on...
  6. J

Green is the new measurement. My EQ only allows 63 - 125 - 250 - 500 - 1k - 2k - 4k - 8k - 16k I could see a bump up at 125, 250, 4k... after that, it's sub placement and room treatments, right? Phase for the sub... always scares me to think about how to figure that switch out on the sub...
  7. J

Yes, and sun is set to Mains+LFE with a crossover set to 60.
  8. J

Messed with Base management and the level of the subwoofer ... below is the updated graph. Red is before messing with the speaker size (which was stopping bass from being played from the subwoofer), green is with the sub.
  9. J

No but The fronts are set to large.
  10. J

Below is a REW Graph from my main listening position, L+R. I took it with a new UMIK-1 and REW 5.20.13 with the SPL app showing 75db. Environment: The HT/Listening are is 1/3 of a finished basement. | Workout Area | Work Area | Home Theater | Outside... There is the outside wall with...
  11. J

Which streamer has highest quality audio & video?

Just note, I haven't been able to get my Nvidia Shield to pass anything more then PCM 48 kHz when playing Hi-Res Audio FLAC files.
Top Bottom