Recent content by jensgk

1. jensgk

Billie Eilish

It sounds very good on a great headphone system. I guess her music is optimized for listening with headphones.
  2. jensgk

Billie Eilish

Also: Which Singers Have the Biggest Vocabularies? https://word.tips/singers-vocabularies Key Findings The star with the biggest vocabulary overall is legend Patti Smith, who uses 217 unique words per 1,000. Billie Eilish is the modern star with the biggest vocabulary: 169 per 1,000. Legend...
  3. jensgk

Billie Eilish

Classic FM's take on Billie Eilish: A new Billie Eilish song is actually based on a Gustav Holst hymn – and it’s very beautiful: https://www.classicfm.com/composers/holst/billie-eilish-goldwing-hymn/ How good is Billie Eilish’s singing voice, from a classical music perspective...
  4. jensgk

Billie Eilish

Same with every single rock and pop band, including The Beatles, Neil Young, Metallica, Bob Dylan, etc. etc.
  5. jensgk

Distortion down to -300 dB, what exactly does that mean physically?

Well, I am just as proud of reading many forums on Reddit, as reading this site. I find them equally reliable and enlightening :-)
  6. jensgk

Distortion down to -300 dB, what exactly does that mean physically?

Have not heard that, do you have any other sources for that claim? (there must be lots, since you call it "interweb trivia")? Even though Randall Munroe, has a background in physics, of course he makes mistakes. Also, there is nothing wrong with Reddit per se, just read the right forums...
  7. jensgk

Dynaudio Core 47 Review (Professional Monitor)

Thanks Amir! Disappointing for Dynaudio. I wish they would comment on the findings here.
  8. jensgk

Moode 7.1 and Camilla DSP

It can do convolution with wav-files, so I would say yes. You could try with one of the HeSuVi HRIR wav-files. On my computer they are located in "C:\Program Files\EqualizerAPO\config\HeSuVi\hrir".
  9. jensgk

Moode 7.1 and Camilla DSP

I made some CamillaDSP configuration files, that works on Moode Player, for doing EQ and Crossfeed for the AKG K702 headphones. They are available here: https://github.com/jensgk/akg_k702_camilladsp_eq
  10. jensgk

Drop AKG K7XX Review (Headphone)

That is a really interesting really interesting read. Thanks a lot for taking the time to explain it for us!
  11. jensgk

Would it be possible to use some kind of laser directed towards the driver surface as a feedback sensor?
  12. jensgk

Yes, but if you are the manufacturer you could make some kind of complete system identification and supply some software with your headphones, that could implement the DSP. You could even include some calibrated mics inside the headphones, so that the DSP could do some real-time control-feedback...
  13. jensgk

Is it theoretically impossible, given enough information about the specific driver and some adaptive non-linear (deep learning?) filter?
  14. jensgk

If you can have some headphones that works great with DSP, relatively cheaply, why buy some more expensive? I bought the K702's based on the RTING's measurements and review. For the few headphones I know well, I tend to agree more with their reviews, than with Amirs. Added: But I only use them...
  15. jensgk

Well, if you are lucky to get one of them without the distortions (as shown by Robbo99999 in post #12), and use oratory90's EQ, then they are well worth their value, because of the comfort and great soundstage. In Europe they cost the equivalent of $160. (I am talking about the K702, not the...
Top Bottom