Recent content by JeffS7444

1. JeffS7444

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

Here's a series of 2008 Vietnam photos shot through the window of a moving bus. In some instances, the bus slowed long enough for me to compose, while at other times I was "flying by the seat of my pants" and wasn't always sure what I was photographing until I returned home and reviewed the...
  2. JeffS7444

Looks like a great backyard for hobbies like astronomy, kites, and radio-controlled aircraft.
  3. JeffS7444

NAD PP 2 Review (Analog Phono Preamplifier)

Thanks for the detailed reply; it seems you got a heck of a deal on that NAD! Aside from the inconvenience, noise, expense and distortion, what's not to love about vinyl playback :p
  4. JeffS7444

NAD PP 2 Review (Analog Phono Preamplifier)

Do typical record pops and tics come anywhere near to overloading the preamp?
  5. JeffS7444

2008 Saigon, Vietnam 2008 Hoi An, Vietnam
  6. JeffS7444

Tubes?

Yes, using amps and DACs as tone controls can be an expensive hit-or-miss proposition, and "detail" combined with "harshness" suggests to me that you may have some big frequency response peaks going on. Get a USB measurement microphone (a fraction of the cost of a Schitt Freya+) and become...
  7. JeffS7444

Pics you’ve taken,

Man that brings back some memories: You sure do get some thick morning fog there.
  8. JeffS7444

2008 Huế Vietnam
  9. JeffS7444

[Gallium Nitride amplifier] Impressions of the Mini Gan 5 by Premium Audio, pictures / video inside

I'm afraid that page 1 is simply your subjective review, combined with some numbers copied from the manufacturer's web sites. Everyone has instincts, but these can be very unreliable "test instruments".
  10. JeffS7444

[Gallium Nitride amplifier] Impressions of the Mini Gan 5 by Premium Audio, pictures / video inside

Completely meaningless without measurements and/or controlled pure-listening tests aka ABX.
  11. JeffS7444

Chambered Nautilus, Waikiki Aquarium, 2014: Final days of the old International Marketplace in Waikiki circa 2014: I was never crazy about the place as a kid: To me it seemed dark, humid and filled with Korean ladies selling cheap jewelry. Below, new IMP circa 2019. I can imagine some people...
  12. JeffS7444

"Tokidoki" might have come all the way from Italy to paint the side of a building in Honolulu
  13. JeffS7444

Internet Radio - streaming services or URLs

Oh yes where possible I much prefer the direct stream URL because while individual stations are collecting user data like everyone else, it's only for their individual stations; there's no easy way for them to aggregate additional data from a variety of sources unless you say, provide your...
  14. JeffS7444

The wealth-building thread

Favorite Warren Buffett quote on the subject of Gold comes by way of Unshakeable co-author Peter Mollouk:
  15. JeffS7444

The wealth-building thread

I just finished Tony Robbins's Unshakeable and come away feeling ever-so-slightly smarter than I was before, because I've got some background info on why the world works as it does, from a man able to able to draw upon the knowledge of some of the most qualified individuals, not merely in the...
Top Bottom