Recent content by jeffme

1. J

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

What vendor/model are these?
  2. J

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Saw and heard these vintage George Nelson 1958 JBL Harlan C39s in Palm Springs, so I thought I'd throw them in the mix. $6900 for the pair, but there's always negotiating room. I wasn't smart enough on site to ask which config (2 or 3 way, # of drivers) these were, but they sounded fantastic at...
  3. J

Erin excellent Video on a good Budget hifi

And as they get older. Scan any used speaker listings and the cheaper stuff just doesn't age well.
  4. J

Erin excellent Video on a good Budget hifi

Any specific models you'd recommend?
  5. J

JBL Conceal C62 Invisible Speaker Review

I cannot speak to the other speakers, but the JL takes a *lot* of vertical space in that stud bay - almost 5' iirc. So, you cannot have switches, plugs, other wiring, hvac, etc., in the way.
  6. J

That's great feedback & I totally get the point about selling speakers without a required installer. I'm sure the full install will sound pretty good, not to mention looking fantastic. One thought for your install - based on the Sonance design - maybe mud in flat magnets at the corners of the...
  7. J

Apologies if this has been covered (I couldn't find it), but how did you decide on the JBL Conceals? Did you look at the newer (not older) Sonance Invisible Series? Thanks for sharing both the speakers for testing and the pics of your installation. We're also doing a modern remodel with lots of...
  8. J

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

Amen, brother, amen!
  9. J

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

I'm a huge fan of what D&D is doing, but having 4 out of 140 (2.8%) customer-delivered boards fail is a pretty high rate in the current day of manufacturing and testing, especially for a $15K proudct. Am I missing something here?
  10. J

Sonos Five Smart Speaker Review

He has indicated the number of speakers firing in different directions makes the Era300 (and even the Five) very difficult to measure.
  11. J

Is that with or without a sub?
  12. J

It changes its output based on whether it's in a stereo pair or not. In stereo it only uses the middle tweeter.
  13. J

I believe those scores are heavily impacted by the difficulties in measuring the Five's performance about 10KHz. As a result (I think) the Five's preference scores are deceptively low.
  14. J

OCD Hi-Fi Guy Youtube channel

Please do not confuse OCD YouTube person with Obsessive Compulsive Audiophile @OCA, who is quite awesome. Your time is better spent listening to his videos, imo.
  15. J

here you go - Sonos Play 5 vs Genelec 8361A - this was the thread that really made me surprised there weren't better measurements of the Five. Hats off to @amirm!
Top Bottom