Recent content by JDiSilverstein

1. J

Topping M50

Excellently written response. Thank you!
  2. J

Topping M50

I'm writing this inquiry from an almost complete lack of knowledge concerning the question of what role the Topping M50 plays: Currently, I hardwire connect my iPhone 8 to a Topping D90SE. The D90SE feeds a Topping A90 through to a Topping PA5 which drives a pair of Revel M16 speakers. Topping...
  3. J

Please Advise - Choosing between Elac DBR-62 and Polk Reserve A200

It's 9:27AM PST in CA, USA - I've just completed reading each of the responsive posts placed by my fellow enthusiasts and am both humbled and grateful. Thank you all!
  4. J

Please Advise - Choosing between Elac DBR-62 and Polk Reserve A200

I'm a relative newbie to this wondrous hobby. I want to expand beyond listening exclusively through headphones. I've been using D90SE and A90 with Aeon II Noires. I love detail. I love being awed by quality, not quantity. I will interchangeably power whichever speakers with Aiyima A-07 and...
  5. J

Polk Reserve R200: Spinorama and measurements (a really nice surprise!)

It's come down to a contest between the Elec DBR62 vs. the Polk Reserve R200. Other boxes: Topping D90SE, Topping A90, PA-3s, PA-5. I'm leaning towards the Elac because we all have Amir's measurements.
  6. J

Speaker choice

I grew up in the 1970s and vinyl was the uncontested ultimate source of high fidelity music reproduction. I abandoned the hobby for 30 years whilst surviving and finally exiting an unhealthy marriage mostly intact. Freed from that drain, I began to reexplore the field. Vinyl is an amusing...
  7. J

Wilson Audio TuneTot Review (high-end bookshelf speaker)

The existence of this speaker is an affront to reality.
  8. J

Is it Worth Trading L50 for A90?

I cannot tell a lie. Earlier this week, I ordered an A90 from Apos. It should arrive, fingers crossed, on 12/29/21. I decided to keep both amps (L50 and A90). I realized that the preamp "function" of my D90SE is inadequate to drive my AudioEngine 5+ active monitors (eventually to be...
  9. J

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Dan Clark Aeon II Noire Sennheiser HD650 Beyerdymanic DT770Pro 80 Ohm AKG K3003i IEM Sennheiser IE 100 Pro Clear IEM Gotta love my DCAs!!
  10. J

Aeon 2 Noire

Congratulations! I listen to my newish DCA Aeon 2 Noires using a Topping L50 and sometimes using a JDS Atom+ amp. I feel that I'm finally blessed with the opportunity to experience the best music reproduction this world currently offers.
  11. J

Very good! I sincerely appreciate and understand the feedback. Thank you all!
  12. J

I listen with Dan Clark Aeon II Noires being fed by Topping D90SE and Topping L50. Is there any rational reason (read: something to be gained), if money is not part of the consideration, to replace the L50 with a Topping A90? Opinions sought and most welcome!
  13. J

Aeon 2 Noire

Thank you! Being a relative newcomer, I was unaware that Tidal does not offer MQA files or does not offer high quality usage of that technology, if that's the correct usage. I do notice that an "MQA" indicator often appears in the D90SE's digital display when I play music from Tidal. Is Quboz...
Top Bottom