Recent content by jd17

1. jd17

Purchase advice needed: AVR and stereo power amp

I was never worried about stress to the amp. I was worried about stress to the speakers. The example you are linking is not relatable to my situation. The person asking Audyssey for help is describing a situation where speakers have a crossover to the sub at 50Hz. I was describing the speakers...
  2. jd17

My measurements confirm it. The Onkyo is more than 10 years old and was an early adopter of MultEQ XT32. It is surely in the realm of possibilities that the software and/or AVR implementations between then and now are different. Yes. Before buying the Onkyo in 2012, I have read AskAudyssey up...
  3. jd17

Sorry, but neither is a satisfactory explanation for me... Audyssey does indeed boost dips and I even disagree that doing that is fundamentally useless, although I know that is not a popular opinion. A good example would be what Audyssey does at 80-120Hz: At my listening position (and close...
  4. jd17

I believe it is 12dB... However, I never worried about the sub. This was about the passive mains. A lot has happened since then... ;) Too late, but I do not regret getting the X3600H. If I am not mistaken, "Dynamic EQ" does not work in conjunction with Dirac anyhow - and I like Dynamic EQ a...
  5. jd17

I finally had the time for measurements and fine-tuning. :) 46 measurements in a few days... is that normal? :p:facepalm: The Denon AVR-X3600H is a very fine AVR and it's Audyssey implementation is flawless. None of the issues occur that I faced with my old Onkyo. Sub: If you remember -...
  6. jd17

Denon AVR-X3600H AV Receiver Review

Hi everyone! I am quoting Amir's review and hope that anyone can shed some light for me... What does 1.5V mean in the real world? I bought a Hypex power amp (LPA-S500NC) for the Fronts and switched to 11ch mode as suggested. Either my hearing is simply limited, or my speakers don't need much...
  7. jd17

Some feedback from my side, it's been a while. :) After searching for months, I was finally able to get a used Denon AVR-X3600H. I have had it for some very busy weeks now, so my conclusion is not final. Unfortunately, I did not have the time to do some measurements yet. First of all, the...
  8. jd17

Audiophonics HPA-S400ET Review (Stereo Amplifier)

Thank you for the very helpful reply! Great, thanks! Where can I find that information? I sepcifically bought a used X3600, because it does not do that. From Amir's review: Looking at Amir's measurement, I guess I should aim for >2V to best utilize the highest SINAD, correct? Sorry for...
  9. jd17

Audiophonics HPA-S400ET Review (Stereo Amplifier)

Hey everyone... I have a question regarding Audiophonics Gain settings, and this review thread seems best suited for that question. I hope that is OK, since the device I am more interested in is the new LPA-S600NCX with Hypex NCoreX, not the Purifi. However, the gain logic is the same or very...
  10. jd17

Not really sure about that. ;) Just did, thanks for the tip!
  11. jd17

Hello everyone, sorry for barging in here with a non-sound related question... However, I thought there are probably many X3600H owners reading this thread, so it hopefully increases my chance for advice from actual experience. :) I am interested in buying a pre-owned X3600H, but there is one...
  12. jd17

That is actually very good advice, thank you! This gives me a very short pre-owned window of units sold between June 2020 and mid October 2020. Probably not too many 3700 out there, since the 3600 was still sold at that time... Actually, that would have been my next question! :) I am aware of...
  13. jd17

Thank you, that really helps a lot! :) That is great to hear, thank you. I was worried that the performance of these great power amps somehow would not translate. Certainly, I would never drive 2,35V - but I was rather concerned the AVRs would limit where it counts if their "range" is...
  14. jd17

I appreciate all your help and interest guys and I am happy to answer your questions... ...but this is drifting away quite a bit from my original questions. :) So, trying to bring this back on track I would love your help with the following: Good choices? If not, what else? Can anyone help...
  15. jd17

The two possible sub positions are not the issue at all. I have had great experiences with subs being behind the listening position. After all, isn't one of the main advantages of subwoofers that you can place them independently from the mains? In theory, each position can be adjusted to by...
Top Bottom