Recent content by jcebedo11

1. J

Sony Xperia 5 IV Audio Review

Hello Amir, Is it possible to measure the recorded microphone quality of this phone? I have the Samsung s10e, also owned many samsungs in the past and found them to be superior to many other phones i have tried. I have not tried Sony. This is important for me because I record singing and...
  2. J

Headphone amp/dac recommendation?

thanks for the recommendations. saves me a lot of time researching. Looks like the a10d is the most similar in terms of features.
  3. J

Headphone amp/dac recommendation?

Hello Im looking for a DAC/Headphone amp to replace my super old Benchmark DAC1. It must have headphone amp output, and balanced outputs. I actually really like the DAC1, the only thing i dont like about it is the amount of heat it generates. I think it contributes to heating up my small...
  4. J

E-MU Teak Review (Headphone)

Ive decided to keep these as a backup. The reason why I bought it is to replace the old Denon if it ever breaks given its over 10 year old age.
  5. J

Just received my EMU teak headphones. compared to my old Denon Ah d2000, its nice but its not the same. After extensive listening. The EMU teak has a bit much lower midrange/upper bass. The AH d2000 sounds magical. When I put on the AH d2000, I am not aware of ANY flaws. Maybe Im so used...
  6. J

What was your first “Stereo” like?

my first stereo was a craig mini system (mid 90s) the ones with the tape deck, cd player and radio. I often played with the its 5 band equalizer. Then I had the Yamaha YST M10 computer speakers ( i really liked how it reproduced vocals, it was a single driver 3" full range). Then Cambridge...
  7. J

Has anyone heard these compared to the Denon AH-D2000? I have the AH-2000 but its over 10 years old. I may need a replacement eventually. If these headphones are close or identical to the Denon, I would definately get these as replacement. The Denons to me are as close as perfection. Its...
  8. J

Alpine UTE-73BT Review (Head Unit)

The Signal to Noise Ratio of Car equipment practically irrelevant when you are driving. The road noise will drown out any signal to noise shortcomings of car audio equipment!
  9. J

Sennheiser HD600 Review (Headphone)

If you can get the Denon AH-D2000. Would love to see a review. The Sennheisers HD-600 was my longtime reference until the denon came along. Basically fixed all shortcomings of the HD 600. Deep strong bass to 30hz, maybe lower. just as neutral of midrange but just a tad more treble energy...
  10. J

Sony WH-1000XM4 Review (noise cancelling headphone)

both settings are bad. It has colored midrange which for me is unlistenable. The akg earphones that came free with my samsung s10e has a more pleasant midrange.
  11. J

Sony WH-1000XM4 Review (noise cancelling headphone)

I bought the 2nd version. It is the worst sounding headphones I have heard at the price. The people giving rave reviews have no idea what good headphones sound like.
  12. J

Why do most home 2 way systems have 6.5" woofer?

Why not use a bigger woofer just like professional cinema/concert speakers. If you go to JBL site, they even have two way speakers that have 15"!! woofers/midrange. A lot of cinemas probably use these speakers and I don't hear any dispersion problems. Larger woofers can be of higher...
  13. J

BASS!

Absolutely incredible if you own subs that can play below 25hz clean and loud!!
  14. J

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

Denon AH d2000. Its been long discontinued but it is my favorite of all headphones I have owned the past 20 years. To me it is practically perfect. It has sub bass, wonderful midrange, treble may be slightly elevated for some people but can be corrected with EQ.
Top Bottom