Recent content by Jbrunwa

1. Jbrunwa

RFI of a radio amateur on a Naim Uniti 2 amplifier

Wondering how the testing went and if the problem was solved?
  2. Jbrunwa

Measuring your own electronics

Ok, I have basic analog electronics theory having been a ham radio operator some years ago, some experience with Room EQ Wizard measuring speakers, a Fluke multimeter, and a Focusrite Scarlett interface. Can someone point me to any tutorials on measuring preamps and AVRs, or is it as simple as...
  3. Jbrunwa

Product reliability and support surveys

I wish there was a way to collect quantifiable data on product stability and reliability on ASR in addition to audio performance measurements. Wondering if it would be possible to have a tabulated product survey where members could somehow enter how long they owed a product, whether their gear...
  4. Jbrunwa

Emotiva XMC-2 Review (AV Processor)

Well, Emotiva advertises bit-perfect video switches, leaving one to wonder if the Denon is bit-imperfect. ;)
  5. Jbrunwa

I think I proved earlier in the thread that it varies based on source and sink, it is way longer than competition.
  6. Jbrunwa

AVSForum is Talking ASR Smack!

Well if so he deserves it. If the review index counts are up to date he’s closing in on 1,000 official ASR reviews
  7. Jbrunwa

AVSForum is Talking ASR Smack!

IMHO it’s bad form for a site admin
  8. Jbrunwa

ASR Review & Measurement Dashboards 2.0

If the numbers in the review indexes are correct, Amir has conducted nearly 1,000 reviews! 772 electronics 166 speakers 057 headphones ———————— 995 total reviews
  9. Jbrunwa

No problem. I did a direct comparison with my Denon and I can confirm the XMC-2 switching time is way longer. I can see how this would be frustrating for many users.
  10. Jbrunwa

Just to compare, I checked my Denon AVR-X3700H with the same sources. I agree that most do not switch sources over and over, however switching time contributes to the overall user experience. I also agree that stability is more important. I hold out hope for fixes. Denon AVR-X3700H input...
  11. Jbrunwa

It would be interesting to see your video. I posted our XMC-2 switching inputs in this thread. The longest wait does seem to be what you are seeing (about 13-14 seconds total) to switch to our blu-ray player, but some (e.g. cable TV) switch really fast. If I understand what is happening, our...
  12. Jbrunwa

I am guessing that is the Q90t TV negotiating with the source. My understanding is that the AVR just passes through the video signal between the input and output channels. Is this true, would it be fair to not count that in the XMC-2 switching time? If so, the XMC-2 switching time is 4-5...
  13. Jbrunwa

Mine is somewhere between the two of yours. Here is my XMC-2 switching between Xfinity X1, ATV4K gen 2, Panasonic UB-820 Blu-ray, Roku Ultra with Samsung Q90T display output. CEC is disabled everywhere that it can be disabled. You can see when I press the input button as the XMC-2 immediately...
  14. Jbrunwa

I like how they relabeled “limiter” to “headroom management”. Makes it sound like they are adding something instead of subtracting.
  15. Jbrunwa

Transformer of the amplifier hums with TV on

Try to plug the tv into an electrical outlet that is on a separate circuit breaker from the rest of the components and listen if the hum stops.
Top Bottom