Recent content by JBNY

1. JBNY

Tube Rolling: Does it Make a Difference?

I mean, have you never listened to tubes in anything? Change the tubes and change the sound, the fact that you are asking where is the evidence just shows how little experience must you have.
  2. JBNY

Tube Rolling: Does it Make a Difference?

Why did you measure the distortion of the different tubes? No one rolls tube to get lower distortion, the only purpose of tube rolling it to change the sound. Different tubes can produce a range of dramatic changes from frequency response to imaging to dynamics.
  3. JBNY

Matrix Audio X-SABRE Pro MQA: Best Audio DAC in the World?

I have used it with roon and the tidal app on windows 10. No issues at all ever. I think Steve is just technology challenged.
  4. JBNY

Review and Measurements and miniDSP 2x4 HD DSP and DAC

thats Odd, I have the khadas and a few other DACs and the Minidsp 2x4 always sounds pretty awful compared to not using it. Even with the DSD engaged it still sound better without it in the chain.
  5. JBNY

Matrix Element i

Yeah this looks to be great, I’m happy with the price point too. Under 1k for a great DAC with built in roon ready streaming is a win for me.
  6. JBNY

DAC Firmware is 2.41 XMOS firmware is 3.01 I’m still working through a few minor problems with this, so the release will probably be 1or 2 higher.
  7. JBNY

I am currently testing a fix. I opened a ticket with roon, and they acknowledged a bug in the XMOS USB chip that Matrix uses, they reached out to Matrix. Matrix Audio was very responsive and with a few days provided me an update to the XMOS and DAC firmware to test. So thumbs up on...
  8. JBNY

Review and Measurements of PS Audio PerfectWave DirectStream DAC

You could always buy them at that price, you just needed a decent relationship with the dealer. They didn't unload them, just people started to buy them up before your only chance was to go direct through PS Audio for substantially more money.
  9. JBNY

Review and Measurements of PS Audio PerfectWave DirectStream DAC

Why is -130db considered a "high noise floor". -150db is as low as you can measure. Even at -85db we are not going to be able to hear anything.
  10. JBNY

Amazon launches lossless high-res music service!

Most streaming services are just meant fo you to search and hit play, finding and saving all the music you like and putting it in My Music, or downloading is really not how most people use the product. Same thing with Classical, that is not there target audience at all. So don’t expect too much
  11. JBNY

you can just plug it into the roon core using USB, or windows using the USB interface.
  12. JBNY

Tariffs on Chinese Electronics

That stinks. I bought my Matrix a few weeks ago and while it was retail price, there was no tariff added. Guess I got in before the bell.
  13. JBNY

Amazon launches lossless high-res music service!

Cool. This was rumored for a while. Like you said, now we need roon integration.
  14. JBNY

4 Different devices. All of them need one. Just pointing out if you are going to use it with any of these devices these are the problems that I have found. I was initially hoping it could be fixed on the MA side but it seems that that is not the case.
  15. JBNY

I bought this DAC after this review. I have been using it for almost week now. I have been struggling to get the USB interface working properly, when playing via roon, with a variety of products. It seems to work if connected to a Windows 10 PC or Laptop, but I do not use this DAC that way as...
Top Bottom