Recent content by jbar2797

1. J

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

Yeah, it just depends on your amp really. My Vioelectric amp I have to have turned off if I’m listening through my speakers where as with my Meier Audio Amp, I have an input switch that I can switch
  2. J

Review and Measurements of SMSL SU-8 DAC

Im currently using the SU8 v2 with a pair of ADAM T7V active monitors. along with using ROON with Qobuz. Im using the SMSL SU8 as my volume control with the remote. Am i losing sound quality by using the volume control built into the DAC?
  3. J

Meier Corda Classic noob question

I own both the Corda Classic and the Lyr 3. If you want neutrality, so lack there of colorization in your source, go for the Corda Classic. The crossfeed system is awesome and totally relevant for older recordings. I use my Corda Classic more than any other amp I own.
  4. J

Topping D70 DAC

So is this thing actually announced and available for purchase? And, when will we see products coming out using the AK4499EQ chip?
  5. J

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

Got my SU-8 two days ago and its firmware 1.3
  6. J

DX3 Pro Hum issue

Hey, maybe a power ground loop issue? Try to use this https://www.amazon.com/Ebtech-Hum-Ground-Voltage-Filter/dp/B0002E4YI8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1549149062&sr=8-1&keywords=ground+line+voltage+filter Im not sure of any other cheaper options sadly. What this does is its a AC “cheater plug”...
  7. J

Sold my Schiit, need something new

So theoretically no filter is needed if umpsampled to anything past 96?
  8. J

SMSL SU-8 come in this afternoon. It sounds awesome. Running it with Roon and HQPlayer at 384khz. Im messing around with filters. Really liking the closed form and minringFIR filters with my setup.
  9. J

Thank you for the reply. So how about the internal filter of the DAC? Is that bypassed too? What is the relationship of the up-sampling and filter in a DAC?
  10. J

Bought the SU-8, she will be here tomorrow. Thank you one day Amazon shipping!
  11. J

We can look into getting my lyr 3 to you for measurements. Might, just might end up selling in turn for the THX 789. Measurements shall tell. Also, do you see any reason to go for the RME adi 2 or benchmark 2 or 3 over the SMSL SU-8? I also was looking at the Chord Qutest...
  12. J

I hear you on that. Do you recommend the Schiit Eitr with the SU-8? I have one laying around that i was going to end up selling. Also, I was wondering if there would be any Lyr 3 measurements, and if so would you need one sent in?
  13. J

Sounds good, are you familiar with hqplayer? I cant find a clear answer on how hqplayers filters and modulators bypass the DACs? I understand that the SU-8 has a selection of filters. How does HQPlayers filters neglect the filters built into the internals of the DAC? Because the filters in the...
  14. J

itll be good for me to have the balanced, because ill be able to hook up my speakers and i plan on getting the thx 789 eventually as my solid state amp.
  15. J

I read somewhere that the SU-8 measured better? What differences are between the two?
Top Bottom