Recent content by JBanville

1. J

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

I was simply asking why someon You OK? What irony? Exactly WHERE have I said the 3800 sounds a certain way?! Let’s recap... I came here and saw a “not recommended” opinion for a “review” of an audio product that didn’t even include listening to correlate with the measurements. Seeing as how...
  2. J

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

“In my view, we should still reward equipment that is closer to "perfect" and the only way to do that is to call out deviations from it, even IF they may be inaudible.” That’s 100% fine. Let’s do that! But let’s not “not recommend” audio gear that has supposed measurable issues that can’t even...
  3. J

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

We measure audio gear to eliminate bias and personal preference in reference to how an audio product faithfully puts out the signal that was put into it, BUT those measurements must be grounded in what is and isn’t audible, otherwise what is the point? Let’s start measuring audio gear way...
  4. J

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

What part about me saying I ordered it 2 days ago didn’t you understand?
  5. J

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

It’s actually fairly simple. Set a known good piece of reference audio gear beside an unknown piece and LISTEN to each in a blind ABX test. If you can’t hear a “problem”, is there a problem? If a measurement that’s is considered poor/worse/etc can NOT be heard, WHY is it relevant to the...
  6. J

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

Agreed. That’s why I was shocked when he said he didn’t recommend this AVR without even bothering to listen to it. That’s a pretty unique way to “review” a piece of AUDIO gear. I’m all for measuring audio gear, but if you’re going to make a stink about some aspects of the measurements, it...
  7. J

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

Yes. Agreed. That’s fine for you. I was simply replying to the person who said “No one has suggested that you don't or shouldn't listen to audio gear before making your decision.” But I am curious, since you say “In some cases, that's all one needs, in other cases, may be not”… what about the...
  8. J

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

“Yes. Amir performed interesting measurements and then commented it.” I didn’t find anything particularly interesting about the measurements. They’re the same ones we see time and time again. What WOULD have been interesting is if he could have correlated his listening experience to the...
  9. J

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

“No one has suggested that you don't or shouldn't listen to audio gear before making your decision.” Have you even read this thread?? Folks have said all they need are measurements.
  10. J

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

Where have I said a good measuring piece of audio gear can’t ever sound good without listening to it? Measuring is important to designing any audio gear. I’m saying if you claim a piece of audio gear is not good, poor, etc because of measurements that may not even be audible, that claim should...
  11. J

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

Just change title to “Denon AVR-X3800h Overview & Measurements” with the disclaimer that his measurement results likely aren’t audible to most people, and since he didn’t even bother listening to an audio product, he’ll leave the conclusion of it’s actual audio quality to the people who DO...
  12. J

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

I understood he said it had poor/worse measurements than a previous model, and Denon avr’s were his go to recommendation up until now, but because of these measurements (which we’ve learned by you all in this thread, are most likely not even audible) he can’t recommend this model….without even...
  13. J

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

Hmm…Maybe it’s because he/she ordered this 2 days ago to replace his/her 3600, and ran across this non-review while looking up info on the new features, etc. Then he/she was floored by the ridiculous idea of not listening to an audio product under review. Lol. And rambling is what has been...
  14. J

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

Great! It doesn’t measure poorly. Then why was it not recommended??
  15. J

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

Gaslighting is strong around here! Lol. Then maybe you, as a MAJOR CONTRIBUTOR, can explain why, if this avr sounds a good as the previous model to the human ear (since the poor/worse/etc measurements aren’t audible) and has more features, WHY would it not be recommended as an AUDIO device to...
Top Bottom