Recent content by Jazz Tourist

1. J

New from Schiit Audio: Vidar 2

My thinking was that because @amirm does a lot of testing by himself, that's the best way to benchmark against other gear that he has reviewed? Also, independent reviewer might be more trustworthy to a lot of folks?
  2. J

I agree @Overseas this product is not that new. Not sure if folks in the forum would be cool with having a unit reviewed... to be honest I'm not sure if too many forum members have purchased one of these.
  3. J

Just wondering if anyone has seriously reviewed this?
  4. J

DAC / Preamp after failure of Topping D90SE at 82 days

Well, I haven't really tried them. I've heard great things, but to get something equivalent to a Fireface I would have to invest ~2k (Apollo x6 and x8 line). I don't need to run VSTS on these interfaces either. The Fireface 800 (Firewire) with an adapter FW-> Thunderbolt up and running costed me...
  5. J

DAC / Preamp after failure of Topping D90SE at 82 days

Just chiming in to say that RME is incredible. Last month I bought an old firewire Fireface 800 audio interface and I'm using their really good driver (and a thunderbolt-firewire adapter)... I have 3 external stereo effect loops going and I'm just abusing the hardware in general. It costed me...
  6. J

Need help with first ever setup

Thanks for all the replies folks, lot's to evaluate and learn. Since I know myself, and love flexibility and tuning, I'm a little wary of moving on the active speakers direction. I see myself wanting to upgrade at some point and then I'll have to pull the trigger on an amplifier anyways. Just...
  7. J

Hey! Thanks for this suggestion. I read a pretty good review that mentioned that the miniDSP flex could be a good option if I'm looking for a DAC+DSP solution. If there's other options at a lower price-point it would be good to know of course I imagine it's pretty standard these days to apply...
  8. J

Hello folks, Sorry if this is not the right area to post, tried to be sure by finding similar topics and I think it is. I'm planning my first ever setup for my Living Room (21x15 ft and has a bit less than 10ft height), the room is not treated, and I'm not planning to listen super loud. I...
Top Bottom