Recent content by JayGilb

1. J

RME DPS-2 Linear Power Supply

Depending on the price, it might make for a nice bench power supply.
  2. J

Working too hard can give you a Heart Attack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack... My Heart Attack Story.

Glad you played it smart and called for medical services. Men can be stupid and stubborn when it comes to acute medical events. Heal up and I'll save a controversial comment for you to delete when you are back in service.
  3. J

CJ Premier 16mk2 Premier 140 Premier 15

Welcome to ASR. Glad you found us.
  4. J

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Dear Mr. Alexander, I was wondering if you could give some insight into your design process and what tools you use when designing and measuring your speakers ? Best Regards.
  5. J

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

I visit a lot of audio sites and ASR is not held in high regard. Whenever ASR or Amir's name comes up, it becomes a pile on of irrationality. People who spend a large sum on top end electronics and cables do not want to hear that they could have saved a small fortune. ARS's message is very...
  6. J

Yes, he will likely sell more speakers because of his actions.
  7. J

Sound advice, let's not be Chicken Little about this incident.
  8. J

Pump up the Volume (in various projects)

No, class D amplifiers use a PWM (pulse width modulation) scheme in which the internal signal is either on or off and just the width of the signal pulse changes. A final low pass filter converts it back into the amplified analog output signal.
  9. J

What interesting and tasty cheese are you enjoying today? This is like the spirits thread but for cheese.

I live about 30 minutes from Colby Wisconsin and as expected they have a few wonderful cheese shops. One of my favorite cheese varieties, but I have never tried it with peanut butter.
  10. J

What interesting and tasty cheese are you enjoying today? This is like the spirits thread but for cheese.

Are you thinking of Gamalost cheese ? Gjetost is a wonderful nutty caramel tasting cheese.
  11. J

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Thanks for another review Amir. Nothing that I am personally looking to purchase, but a great value in clean watts per dollar.
  12. J

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

The 502-mk2's specs are below the level of audibility, it's just that you pissed away several grand for no reason and that is your right to do.
  13. J

Sunfire Cinema Grand Review (5-channel Amp)

You mean an amp that perfectly amplifies the input signal ? That's exactly what I am looking for, I prefer to modify the signal in the preamp stage and let the amp do what it was designed to do.
  14. J

Two audiophiles walk into a bar... (finish the joke)

Two audiophiles walk into a bar and start arguing whether to order Grey Goose or a regular vodka, the bartender turns around revealing himself as Amir and asks them to take a blind taste test...
  15. J

Wadax Reference Server

With reviews like: "It’s not an incremental advance in sound quality—more of the same but better. Rather, the Wadax pair sounds different in kind rather than in degree. The qualities that the Wadax embodies are so important musically. The Wadax conveys a feeling of spontaneity, vitality, and...
Top Bottom