Recent content by Jay Loofah

1. J

Budget DAC that's worthwile

OK, got it! Last question, so I have a UCA202 and X4 with me and I'm deciding which to keep. What do you think? Also should I worry about the high noise floor I get when turning the X4's internal gain to max (listening on silence of course)?
  2. J

Okay, so I just got a SMSL X4, and the lowest volume setting on this device is also quite loud (Windows at 100% and X4 at one press from mute)! It may be that I have sensitive ears or something with how Windows is pumping out the data stream via USB? Hm. What do I do :( However, the X4 is...
  3. J

So, with the UCA202 only providing 16bit audio, would you suggest lowering the Window's volume so that the knob can rest at a more manageable position (I use foobar, but there are many more apps that don't have independent volume controls)? I feel like the potential distortion coming from the...
  4. J

Thanks for the info! I was wondering if there was anyway to get a hold of the Speaka, however, I'm a little worried about a usb dac with no volume control. I've used cheap usb dacs and they just blow out my headphones a the lowest volume. However, I bit the bullet with the UCA202 and it's good...
  5. J

Hello! I've been scouring the web but have gotten so many conflicting suggestions with regard to the "budget dac" query. I think my context might help with an answer if y'all might could throw out some suggestions! So, I've got a t430 Thinkpad with Windows on it and the auxiliary port...
Top Bottom