Recent content by jasonq997

1. J

SMSL D-6 DAC Review

How do the remotes on these dacs work for longer range volume control. Is the functionality useful purely in a desktop setup?
  2. J

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

Will this unit allow the user to do the following? --- I would like to set the balanced output to act as a preamp (volume control) and I would like to set the RCA output to fixed line out. I would like both sets of outputs to run at the same time with these settings.
  3. J

Gustard X26Pro Review (Balanced High-end DAC)

We might not always get along with them as a nation, but as individuals and small companies they are certainly working hard to produce a certain genre of audiophile products for us and I appreciate it.
  4. J

Gustard X26Pro Review (Balanced High-end DAC)

Amir looks like he is trying to cross a bunch of these off his list right now. Thanks for all of the recent reviews.
  5. J

Integra DTM-40.7: Stereo Swiss Army Knife

Who knows. I bet that the Cambridge Audio people put more effort and resources in to that amplifier. Whether this measures any better I have no idea. This is just the basic Onkyo amplifier on stereo receivers and nothing more. Probably better than many audiophile BS amps/receivers. What I like...
  6. J

SOLD!!!: Revel M16 PairSOLD!!!

Going back to a Dennis Murphy model (affordable accuracy).
  7. J

SOLD!!!: Revel M16 PairSOLD!!!

Very little use. Mint condition. $650 for the pair, shipping included (USA).
  8. J

Speakers That “Sound Good” at Lower Volumes

@levimax , what are your thoughts on what those adjustments might be? And actually I would be interested in @Dennis Murphy 's response as well since he is behind the Affordable Accuracy monitors. I have seen him on this forum from time to time.
  9. J

Speakers That “Sound Good” at Lower Volumes

I recently upgraded my speakers to a lauded model on this site (Revel M16), and I can hear and understand the virtues of it. However, they seem to lack an element that really shined on the previous model that filled their place. They only start to have the necessary presence when the volume is...
  10. J

Sony NW-WM1A Review (Digital Audio Player)

This year's LG phone (V60) seems to have a more powerful amp (or a less crippled amp) than past LG models that have always had ultra clean DACs (an ESS implementation) like my previous phone the V30. The V60 runs the hd650 with ease. So at this point why isn't Sony implementing technology like...
  11. J

Routers, how do they sound?

Just put an ear up to mine. Can't hear anything but my ears aren't as good as they used to be.
  12. J

Is COVID strategy moving towards herd-immunity?!

If we look at the data, the pandemic has run its course in Sweden (and in most of the rest of Europe). It is the same in hard hit pre shutdown states in the U.S. It is running its course in the western U.S. states that have gone through their curves this Summer. Overly protective policies and...
  13. J

NAD M10 Streaming Amplifier Review

And this is what I am talking about -- the notion that in in 2020 a heavy box with a lot a capacitors should mean something when we have better technology that just needs to be refined, but hasn't been for the consumer market due to lack of understanding and demand.
  14. J

NAD M10 Streaming Amplifier Review

I really like what they are doing here. This is the kind of device that would be more ubiquitous (and much cheaper and better because of it) if there were more young (in this context this probably means under 50) 2 channel enthusiasts plugged in to modern technology and streaming services. It...
Top Bottom