Recent content by jasonhanjk

1. J

Chapeau ou non? (PCM5102MK non-HAT DAC review)

5.3uV noise, good for hobbyist speaker project. :)
  2. J

Are 48 kHz enough to non-bat humans?

Not really a fair comparison. A 4K TV vs 1080p TV, the difference is obvious and can be seen. Whereas 48kHz vs 192kHz difference is so little. Both can produce 0.0003% and below THD+N. There's Chinese saying, remove pants before farting.
  3. J

Are 48 kHz enough to non-bat humans?

48kHz DAC can achieve 0.0005% thd+n (and lower), can the speaker internal amp achieve below 0.005%? If no, then why bother? The amp creates artifact in your audible hearing range but you are concern about higher frequency?
  4. J

Weird Behaviours I've Noticed Whilte Testing One of Topping's NFCA Based Amplifiers

Composite amplifier do not work that well in clipping condition. The op amp will try to correct the clipping but we all know that's impossible to correct. :p In my country when the AC mains is 50Hz, I will stress test at 60Hz.
  5. J

Truthear Crinacle Zero background white noise with apple dongle on pc

Yes. You're right. A new DAC will solve his problem. By the way, balance amp will have increase noise by √2 compare to unbalance.
  6. J

Truthear Crinacle Zero background white noise with apple dongle on pc

A low z iem. You'll need an amp to drive that properly. Balance output amp can produce more voltage, it may or may not produce enough current to drive properly; depending on the amp IC. A balance amp will each drive 5 ohm, most likely you'll see increase in distortion.
  7. J

Poll: How do you primarily listen to audio at home?

I use a mini soundbar powered from my android phone; watching some TikTok / DouYin.
  8. J

XDUOO XQ50 PRO 2 Bluetooth Receiver Review

Not bad but I'll be waiting for LE audio.
  9. J

Standards for Audio Electronics Measurements?

For a dongle to output 2Vrms, it's very suitable for high Z HP. However most IEM users won't benefit from it. For portability, dongles are suitable and best paired with IEM. How about making the measurements into 2 tier. 1st tier: for dongles that are $50 and below: Output: >=1Vrms SINAD...
  10. J

Who are the people who vote "poor" on great equipment, and "great" on poor equipment?

Ahh. Then I will un-vote, re-vote when it's fixed.
  11. J

Who are the people who vote "poor" on great equipment, and "great" on poor equipment?

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/tanchjim-space-portable-headphone-adapter-review.46231/ I rate this poor. This device was suppose to drive headphone, which is why the 32ohm thd+n plot is the most important graph to read. Which it fail quite bad. Higher than 0.01%...
  12. J

Meizu Mblu Lifeme Pro Portable DAC/Amp Review

https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/i-think-i-found-the-perfect-usb-c-headphone-dongle.36914/post-1539367 It's not possible to get 2Vrms. Rest assure this dac amp can drive 8 ohm.
  13. J

Meizu Mblu Lifeme Pro Portable DAC/Amp Review

7Hz 71 dongle is much better than this.
  14. J

TANCHJIM Space Portable Headphone Adapter Review

A good line out but sucks terribly driving load. There are better DAC amp out there.
  15. J

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

Once again thanks to Amir for the measurements. I gotta skip a few more meals. ;)
Top Bottom