Recent content by Jas0_0

1. Jas0_0

Pass Labs HPA-1 Headphone Amp Review

Audio marketing genius is maybe more accurate then.
  2. Jas0_0

Pass Labs HPA-1 Headphone Amp Review

Before this, my only encounter with Pass products was via Stereophile. From his treatment there, I had a sense that Nelson Pass was some kind of audio engineering genius. Not any more.
  3. Jas0_0

CamillaDSP macOS tutorial for total beginner?

Thanks Michael, really helpful James
  4. Jas0_0

CamillaDSP macOS tutorial for total beginner?

Hi all, I'd like to use CamillaDSP on macOS to apply room correction FIR filters from Focus Fidelity to audio from both my turntable (via an audio interface) and audio from digital sources, e.g. Tidal, VLC, Safari. Is that possible? If so, is there a really basic, idiot-proof tutorial on how...
  5. Jas0_0

Turntable > Mic Pre > ADC > Mac > DAC > speakers - clock problem?

This sounds promising - just found the link of how to do it. Seems fairly straightforward. https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202000 Thanks, James
  6. Jas0_0

Yes Mac = Macintosh computer. As stated in my original post I digitise the signal from records so I can perform digital room correction
  7. Jas0_0

Interesting suggestion. Not sure it solves my current dilemma but good to know it’s possible for the future.
  8. Jas0_0

Yes the remote is a sticking point for home audio/TV use. Remote desktop is a good idea and would work for me, but I think the rest of my family would complain. I think my only other option is the MiniDSP Flex. If I sold the RME and bought a Flex, I'd probably recover about £600. I'd miss...
  9. Jas0_0

Thanks Steph - just the answer I was looking for. Really appreciated. You’re right, I’m using an MC cartridge. Currently into an AEA TRP mic pre - I figured ribbon mics and MC carts share similar needs. Gain is currently set to 68dB. That feeds an RME ADI-2 Pro FS R - which also handles...
  10. Jas0_0

Hi all, If I were to play music from my turntable using the signal path in the thread title, would it cause a problem with clocking? (In case you’re wondering, I send the signal to my Mac to do RIAA and room correction) I currently use a separate mic pre into a one-box DAC/ADC, but would see...
  11. Jas0_0

Low cost USB audio interface with remote control?

I hear you Keith. The thing is, since I bought this setup we’ve had twins and bought a house that needs renovating. So my system now feels a bit of an overindulgence - especially since I’ve learned from this site that you don’t need to spend a fortune on things like converters and preamps to...
  12. Jas0_0

Thanks Marcos. Two boxes might work well - this part of my system already is two boxes really. My current setup is: Turntable (with MC cartridge) > Mic Preamp > RME > Mac (with Audio Hijack and DSP plugins performing both RIAA and room correction) > RME > Active speakers I wondered about...
  13. Jas0_0

Many thanks but I already have and use the RME remote.
  14. Jas0_0

Hi everyone, I'm hoping to take some money out of my system. I have an RME ADI-2 Pro FS R, which is excellent and does everything I want, but I can't help feeling it's a bit overkill for what I need - both in spec and function. Is there a cheaper alternative out there with a remote control...
  15. Jas0_0

Cheap and cheerful 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable?

Many thanks for the suggestions. I went the Amazon route and it’s doing the job.
Top Bottom