Recent content by Jarrett

1. J

Topping E30 II DAC Review

Is this stuff Topping is doing with the new I/V stage (seen on newer model slides like the D50 III and E70) and LNRD (errr is this the I/V?) really helping for sound quality? I'm still hanging on to my original E30 from 2020
  2. J

TOPPING D90 III、TOPPING D50 III

Solved-- Yep, looks like XMOS XU316 inside the D50 III
  3. J

TOPPING D90 III、TOPPING D50 III

Was D50s the second D50 model? Anyway, would love to see a comparison graphic drawn up as Topping has done before. I know the D50 is pretty old.
  4. J

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

I know it's a Yamaha branding thing, but what does Natural Sound mean?
  5. J

Questions

E30 looks much better :cool:
  6. J

Topping E30 DAC Review

I think Topping will give you the firmware if you contact them :)
  7. J

TOPPING D90 III Sabre DAC Review

Maybe Amir should stop recommending DACs now by performance alone
  8. J

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

I've been impressed by the various listening tests done at ASR, and each of them concludes, that with volume matching, all DACs tested were identical.
  9. J

Topping E30 DAC Review

I dunno, I'm dang happy with my E30. I likely won't consider upgrading until the XMOS 308/316 finds its way into an E30 III
  10. J

Topping E30 II Lite DAC review and measurements

Nice. This is what I was hoping they would have just did with the E30 II, instead of using two DAC chips. About 3 db sinad improvement on the original E30 and sorta cancels the II model.
  11. J

TOPPING E30II Lite Next Tuesday!

OH it is one DAC. That's a great move. I feel like dual designs are sort of like your dual gpu setup until the next gen comes out and a single card beats two :cool:
  12. J

TOPPING E30II Lite Next Tuesday!

*How* is it made cheaper? One DAC? They should have used one DAC to reduce costs with the E30 II for starters IMO instead of dual design.
  13. J

Topping E30 DAC Review

I'll keep my E30. I hope they plan to add the new XMOS chip to an E30 III and go back to a single DAC design to reduce cost. Totally unnecessary at this price.
  14. J

Some actually believe that music from different drive types (SSD,HDD) or different SATA cables can sound different

Well just going to unsubscribe. Wanted to see various a/b measurements, not conversation.
Top Bottom