Recent content by janoschsimon

1. janoschsimon

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

strange @dualazmak saw your comment in a notification email but now its gone :) and your tip with jriver worked no clicking nothing also all the dolby and dts formats work :) strangly always 48khz 24bit but sounds great :)
  2. janoschsimon

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

any of you tried to play movies with cyberlink power dvd ultra 20 in pc? im on driver DIYINHK_UsbAudio_v4.67 and for some reason i got very nasty clipping no matter at which volume in windows or in the DIYINHK app very annoying :(
  3. janoschsimon

Which Software for RPi4 to stream multichannel DSD?

solved it :) the ropieeeXL does the trick even with HQPlayer NAA support so my roon endpoint is ready for DSD64 5.1 HURRAAY upsampling with hqplayer to DSD128 5.1 i have to get a better computer :)
  4. janoschsimon

the worst thing is that i get horrible noise and crackling stuff (under windows 10) :( my archphile image and allo USBridge sounds amazing but no DSD :(
  5. janoschsimon

hmmm very interessting jriver hmm i dont know not my taste :D and Kodi is also based on linux so affraid the kernal is the same?! why the hell is the windows driver able to sent the nativ DSD and until now non of the tried linux distributions is able :(
  6. janoschsimon

Hey @Honken any succsess? my head is exploding :D i tried everything moode volumio dietpi and now archphile and non of them lets me see DSD on my oktoresearch dac8 pro :( mhhh is it so hard to put 20b1:2009 XMOS Ltd DAC8PRO into the linux kernel? cant this be done by us? :D sorry noob question...
  7. janoschsimon

7.1.4 Man Cave dilemma

phew the first prototype i milled the stators and distance pieces out of FR4 PC and just bold them together and from that treaht mentioned about a smal energizer and a cheap amp just to get a sound that was after some weeks but the latest headphone i 3d printed the enclosure and used the...
  8. janoschsimon

7.1.4 Man Cave dilemma

thx bob :) the room is about 21 m2 hmmm i dont need but i like it :D and im nerd who like new toys ;) for this setup i will use an apple tv for netflix and an uhd blayplayer for films. that areadvd made me want the av20 :) cheers janosch
  9. janoschsimon

7.1.4 Man Cave dilemma

sure from this page i learned everything https://www.head-fi.org/threads/my-diy-electrostatic-headphones.498292/ and also posted some times very helpfull :)
  10. janoschsimon

7.1.4 Man Cave dilemma

ok but the high frequency emission shows an optimisation or not? never worked with that :p "und lass ihm teppert sterben" guess you mean let me die stupid? o_O
  11. janoschsimon

7.1.4 Man Cave dilemma

ho ho ho calm down :) dont want a war :) here is a german cinema builder video how compares a stock Bryston SP3 with an Cinemike SP3 https://www.takeoffmedia24.de/heimkino-bauen/komplett-heimkino/ the video and page is sadly in german and in that video is a screenshot of high frequency...
  12. janoschsimon

7.1.4 Man Cave dilemma

hmmm yeah but can it be objectivly measured? dang the more i research the more my head spins :D indeed :) and they sound amazing :) so airy only problem is bass which i hope to start my version two with a bigger membrane :) its fairly easy to build the electraostatic headphone amp was...
  13. janoschsimon

7.1.4 Man Cave dilemma

hmm the HDTVtest guy seems to be impressed :) perhabs he has something used i can test :)
  14. janoschsimon

7.1.4 Man Cave dilemma

HMMMMMM thx for the answer guess i have to test by myself but its hard to get my handy on all those amps. Does any of you measured or heard a cinemike tuned avr? cheers janosch
  15. janoschsimon

7.1.4 Man Cave dilemma

Hey All :) My name is Janosch Simon 41 and im an audiophil nerd :D and i love Stereo and even more Multichannel stuff.For my DIY electrostatic headphones i build an hybrid amp called alpha centauri v6 http://www.high-amp.de/html/hybrid-amp_eng.html and an rpi based soekris dam 1021 dac i...
Top Bottom