Recent content by Jambo

1. J

Suggest a good power amp for $500/€500

Give it a go. I believe the Audiophonics MPA-S250NC XLR is one of the best options in this range. https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/power-amplifier/audiophonics-mpa-s250nc-xlr-class-d-stereo-amplifier-ncore-2x250w-4-ohm-p-14185.html Can it be beat?
  2. J

Anti-War Songs

Sun Ra - Nuclear War
  3. J

The World's First Power Amplifier with SINAD over 120!!!

Holy shit, I'm gonna buy this on looks alone!
  4. J

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

It's definitely on the plus side, but the volume control, bluetooth capability and internal power supply are the real deal breakers. I would assume there would be a product out there to rival the EX5 in this regard but so far my research comes up short.
  5. J

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

I want everything the EX5 has to offer, but I don't need the headphone amp. Does this exist in a cheaper package?
  6. J

JBL CBT 70J-1 Review (Constant Beam Transducer)

Approved by Aliens and H.R. Giger. It fits the decor perfectly.
  7. J

A DAC for ye olde 70's receiver

It is! Especially in the wood enclosure, which mine also has. The look and feel of this thing is just plain gorgeous. I mean pushing the buttons and turning the knobs. There's just something very tactile satisfying about it. Thanks for this! An interesting read! My speakers are really good...
  8. J

Oh boy. This is all very new to me. I thought the preamp in the Marantz 2270 was jolly good, but I reckon this is the reason why my speakers pop when I'm turning the receiver off. Haha, I've lived with it for years and just thought oh well and went on with it. :facepalm: What kinda...
  9. J

Thanks for all your suggestions. I stumbled upon this Airport Express review by Ken Rockwell: https://www.kenrockwell.com/apple/airport-express-audio-quality-2014.htm I know some of you have reservations about Ken Rockwell, but what do you think? According to Mr. Rockwell it seems that I won't...
  10. J

I was thinking my phone (iPhone) and I might buy a CD-player at one point so maybe that one too. The Topping E30 looks nice! And it comes in silver and black, which won't look totally ridiculous next to my Marantz. It's on the top of my list! I guess airplay is better than bluetooth, but does...
  11. J

Yo dudes of the x and y axis. I've been reading in here for some days. You know to hopefully gather knowledge. You guys certainly know a thing or two, but thing is, I don't. The more I read the weirder it gets. I'm just a guy with a stereo (Marantz 2270) and some speakers (Amphion Argon 3L)...
Top Bottom