Recent content by Jakkal

1. Jakkal

Review and Measurements of Sound BlasterX G6

I don't know about the DT 1990 Pro, but the G6 has more than enough power for my Sennheiser HD650 (300 ohm) and HIFIMAN HE4XX, listening them only on low gain. With the HE4XX and new compressed music I'm as well at 30/100 low gain volume, but I think X2HR is a lot easier to drive.
  2. Jakkal

Need help with amp/DAC decisions :)

Creative Sound BlasterX G6 works with my LG G8 without any issues, plug and play. The only problem is that he has not enough power when feeded directly from smartphone. I guess the smarphone can't supply enough current.
  3. Jakkal

For Sale: Garage1217 Project Polaris Amplifier [Free shipping] [EU]

Selling my Project Polaris Amplifier with mellow bandwidth option. The amp is in perfect working condition. No scratches or dents visible. Original power adapter/cord included. Price: 170€ I'll cover Shipping and PayPal fee in EU.
  4. Jakkal

Did you turn the direct mode on?
  5. Jakkal

I've found pictures of the internals if someone is interested. More pictures in this review.
  6. Jakkal

Cheapest "transparent" DAC?

Can you guys suggest good cheap DAC with Coaxial out and if possible designed not in China? Thank you
  7. Jakkal

So my DAC and AMP are on the way and now I learn it will make no difference over my Smartphone

For my ears HE4XX are more fun to listen than HD650, the later is more relaxed. For the DAC/Amp combo, when the sources are properly volume level matched you'll hear no difference between expensive DAC/Amp and properly working smartphone or Mainboard. What you'll get is more power and cleaner...
Top Bottom