Recent content by Jagamov

1. J

Robbie Busting Audio Myths at CanJam NYC 2024

Here's my question: Is he knowingly making this stuff up and just telling us this BS and getting away with it (con artist), or do you think he truly believes it all and that he really is the only one who has it all figured out (delusional)?
  2. J

Extreme Snake Oil

Dammit! Why didn't I think of that...Brilliant!
  3. J

Extreme Snake Oil

What really surprises me is the choice of the Samsung SSD. Everybody knows that Western Digital drives are more musical.
  4. J

Extreme Snake Oil

They really did. That website could be used as a case study for extreme marketing BS. Go look at the "Carbon Tuning Discs". $200 for 4 little STICKERS you put on your cables.
  5. J

Extreme Snake Oil

They must have had a contest to see who could use ALL of their tech buzzwords in one article. So much mumbo jumbo. Holy Crap! $15000!!! at least it has $4300 in added value.... a $595 fuse.... I'm in the wrong business... Edit to add: Totally missed the combo at the bottom. The Platinum...
  6. J

Why do you think a few members have an 'alcoholic anonymous' vibe towards the audiophile community? It seems a harmless hobby as far as things go?

I agree but it doesn't stop there. A good friend of mine has a degree in EE, and he 100% falls for all of the phoolery. I just go along with it because in the end, he is happy, and he buys stuff that I wouldn't, so I get to try it all out for free. But this issue extends to probably most...
  7. J

Extreme Snake Oil

Man, that article was hard to read. As a computer/network guy for most of my life...I'm really at a loss for words. What a bunch of nonsense...and the like (LOL). I guess being ignorant of how it all works allows him to make fantastically ignorant statements. I can't believe people fall for...
  8. J

Why do you think a few members have an 'alcoholic anonymous' vibe towards the audiophile community? It seems a harmless hobby as far as things go?

Lots of good talking points in this thread. For me, as a recovering audiophile, this site has been the voice of reason I needed. We talk a lot about money, and the potential to spend more than you can afford. Fortunately, this has never been my problem. I'm very aware of what I can afford...
  9. J

Violectric HPA V550 Pro Review (Pre-amp/Headphone Amp)

Interesting choice considering how much they charge for them...
  10. J

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

Thanks for the great reply. Makes a ton of sense. From my last post, I tried the tips from my old Beats in-ear and thet made a huge difference. The Zero 2's actually fit my ear very well, but as you said, trying to push them in is not the answer. Tip seal for sure is. Now to try some other...
  11. J

Nice work, however not sure I'm going to go through that much effort. Yeah, I tried all of the tips. I don't think any of them are big enough. However, you gave me an idea. I dug out the Beats and those tips fit the Zero 2's perfectly and they made a huge difference. Who knew? (LOL, just...
  12. J

I suspect this is the issue. None of the tips seal very well and the size of the IEM does not allow it do go very deep into my ear. Thanks.
  13. J

Yes, I know how headphones and ear buds work.
  14. J

I guess I need some help... I just received these yesterday and just got to listen to them. Cables are connected correctly (L & R) and I'm using my Sony DAP and my RME ADI-DAC 2 FS. I find the red tips seem to fit the best. All the other seems to small. Sound quality is super thin. Plenty...
  15. J

I just blind ordered these based on the review. For $25, not much risk. This will be my first pair of real IEM's if you don't count Airpods or some small Beats headphones my son gave me.
Top Bottom