Recent content by izbit

1. I

Topping L30 power adapter discontinued - alternatives?

I expect it shouldn't break easily but it won't be in warranty forever. However, mine didn't break so it wasn't even a warranty case, I just moved 8000 km. Both my old and new Topping transformers work. As I mentioned, I don't want to use the 110V transformer with a 230V-to-110V step-down...
  2. I

There's a big difference between "temporarily unavailable due to reasons" and "no longer offered by supplier". I'm glad I found it still for sale from Hifi Studio 79, and Topping was responsive and offered it directly when asked, but Topping should sort this out with their official authorized...
  3. I

Topping replied to me today, and according to them they have not discontinued this power supply. Not sure why Audiophonics said Topping no longer offers it individually.
  4. I

It's odd if this means it will no longer be possible to buy the power supply from their authorized resellers (with exception of what may be still in stock with a few). The L50 and the newly released L30 II are both using the same-specced 15VAC 1A power supply so it is very much used in current...
  5. I

Topping e50 / l50 popping issue windows 11

I've had similar issues in the past, seemingly tied to starting and stopping of any audio playback by Windows or any other app. Disabling "Exclusive Mode" in the unit Properties (Advanced tab) from the Sound control panel made it go away for me.
  6. I

Topping E30 - first miliseconds are cut short, pops after playback stops

I've had similar issues in the past, and disabling "Exclusive Mode" in the unit Properties (Advanced tab) from the Sound control panel made it go away for me.
  7. I

As title states: What are the alternatives for procuring a 220-240V compatible (Europe) replacement power adapter for the Topping L30 headphone amplifier? I reached out to one of the Topping authorized sellers in Europe, Audiophonics, asking about a replacement power adapter for Topping L30...
  8. I

3.5mm TRS as T(+) R(-) S(nothing) : hack into T(+) S(-) ?

Everything is now Heavy Metal with a hint of Tinnyness o_O
  9. I

I reached out to the manufacturer and they confirmed that this is intentional, without elaborating further. So, I decided to modify the cable as per my initial idea. I removed as much of the plastic insulation as I could, filled the gap with solder, and sanded it down. Went quick and turned out...
  10. I

It's an odd one to be sure, not sure why this cable was made this way (if intentional). It's this cable from an audiophile brand here in Japan, where they list compatibility with headphones such as Denon AH-Dx200 and Focal Clear Pro, so I expected it to also work with the Sundara. I got it...
  11. I

Unfortunately it's an already closed up plug. Sleeve has no wire soldered to it, only Tip and Ring. No access to the insides, so there's no way to resolder R to S on the inside. I'd have to mod the outside like if it were a molded plug. Last resort is to snip it off and resolder a new fresh...
  12. I

Are there any not too unreasonable ways to hack a 3.5mm TRS plug into a TS plug without a complete plug replacement? I have recently picked up the Hifiman Sundara, and at the same time I found a balanced AK2.5mm TRRS to 2x3.5mm TRS cable in the local bargain bin. The sad thing about this cable...
  13. I

Sequential damage

I checked my L30, purchased back in November, using a ****** multimeter. The case itself is not conductive at all, at least not enough to give any resistance reading between any two points on itself. RCA input, RCA output, and HP port, all share common ground, but gives no resistance reading...
  14. I

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

That is good information! Seems like it can be a bit of a gamble. I took the gamble and was happy to receive a new model. It also shows "AIYIMA A07" on the front, top left corner. Bought from Amazon.co.jp for 6,399 yen. The listing said it did not include a power adapter, but it came with one...
  15. I

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

I just yesterday picked up the Aiyima A07, and a 32V 5A universal power brick. I use it to drive a pair of KEF iQ30, and it does it very well. I think you will have no problems driving the Q350 with an A07, they are only a little less sensitive than the iQ30 (87 dB vs 89 dB). I had read that...
Top Bottom