Recent content by ivity

1. I

Battle Of Budget XLR Cables

Actually, Neutrik has its own China-only brand, its called Yongsheng. I used those and the quality of connectors are more or less like REAN (which is also Neutrik brand). But here we see 100% fake Neutrik, since Yongsheng has different logo.
  2. I

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

Agree! I tested 8331 and 8351B in my studio for nearfield monitoring and 8331 is remarkable for small spaces and ultra nearfield (especially if you add 7350 sub). 8341 (which i got in the end) is a great option for small-to-medium spaces, where you dont need such SPL which 8351 and 8361 can...
  3. I

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

As a professional sound designer I invested in a pair of 8341s to work in ultra nearfield scenario. I must say its the best investment in sound tools i ever did. Not only the sound is nearly perfect (as Amir tests show), but the most important is actually much less ear fatigue to work on longer...
  4. I

Genelec 8351B Teardown (2nd Disassembled)

Nope, you can't see it with flashlight at any angle. Seems its impossible without disassembling the monitor. Also, 8341 has different woofer construction rather than 8351B/8361A
  5. I

Its impossible to see this "tearing" from outside, but here you go. Hope this helps.
  6. I

It seems to me, that with such serious doubts/suspicions as yours, maybe it's better.....just not to buy Genelecs and pay attention to other brands.
  7. I

As a person who works in post, I have some experience with statistics. We have a lot of old Genelecs 80X0 (early 2000s models) of all sizes and those aged really well. I think we had only two or three faulty units in recent years and most of them had actually faulty tweeters rather then...
  8. I

Just a reminder: Genelecs are one of the most frequently used (maybe even the most used) monitors in post-production/TV facilities, which (in contrast to casual/home theater applications) literally work in 24/7 hell and so proved their reliability for decades.
  9. I

Genelec 83x0 vs 83x1

Thank you for detailed answer! It was very helpful!
  10. I

Genelec 83x0 vs 83x1

will do! thank you so much!
  11. I

Genelec 83x0 vs 83x1

Thanks for your detailed answer! And another question: i saw several comments about woofer and tweeter sizes missmatch in 8340. I mean 8340 has the same tweeter size as 8320 and 8330, but at the same time has much more juice in terms of tweeter and woofer power. So, is it so bad, or better just...
  12. I

Genelec 83x0 vs 83x1

Hi, Maybe you can give me an advice for suitable Genelec model. I have 3.3m * 3.8m * 2.6m (33 m3) room and nearfield monitoring (1.5 m). The room is moderately treated with broadband acoustic panels (100mm rockwool), but nothing super fancy (no bass traps and ceiling cloud). My main...
Top Bottom