Recent content by ivayvr

1. I

Rega IO Review (stereo amplifier)

Sorry if I am a bit (or totally) dense but I don't understand how we will get closer to the answer if Rega io is good, bad or mediocre amplifier by learning about British audio history and inner workings of their audio dealerships. Don't get me wrong, I am not totally opposed to British audio...
  2. I

Rega IO Review (stereo amplifier)

Without a heavy support of British audio magazines (and some overseas magazines) Rega would never reach its Holy Grail status it currently have. I am not talking about their turntables since I never used one. The last one I had was back in 1992 that I made myself, used it for a year or two and...
  3. I

Neumann KH80 DSP or Genelec 8320A with a sub for home audio

A few months ago, I answered my own question. After reading a number of articles about various room correction systems, their pros and cons, I decided to play it safe and bought Focal Shape 40. They are also classified as a near field monitors, I don't know if I am listening to the direct or...
  4. I

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

It all depends on your needs. At twice the price for a pre amp function only, Rotel should be better sounding. If you have some high end power amp you may want to go with the Rotel as probably a better match. I am using my Node 2i as a pre amp and a streamer, with universal DVD player, sub and...
  5. I

Are you asking about the difference between the current and Node 2 or 2i? If it is really about the Node 2 it does not have the two way blue tooth and I am not 100% certain it can decode MQA files (take that with a grain of salt). If it is about current Node and 2i you already mentioned all the...
  6. I

Bluesound Node Replacement (DAC + Streamer + Preamp that delivers full volume)

I used both Node 2 and 2i both as a source and as a pre amp. The most powerful amp I ever had connected to it was 50W (Rega Brio current model) and never was even close to need the full volume. I also used it with Adam A5X active, permanently set up at 12 o'clock (should be about half of their...
  7. I

About "App doesn't work" situation, I remember reading on the Blusound forum, a few years ago, that certain Asus routers or some settings on Asus routers are not compatible with Bluesound so I totally agree with 981 flatsix some additional effort to find the cause should have been made. My...
  8. I

Realistically, I have no right to comment the NODE since I have never owned one. My first Bluesound was Node 2, followed by Powernode 2 and currently I have Node 2i. At one point, after reading about the poor performance of the built in DAC I purchased the Schit Modi (the cheapest $99.00...
  9. I

Neumann KH80 DSP or Genelec 8320A with a sub for home audio

Paulie, sorry have not been around here for quite a while and missed your post. I am glad that the whole combination eventually worked for you. Unfortunately, the complete package cost more than I was planning to spend. The sub alone is a bit more then my current system (including my sub). I...
  10. I

Compact desktop passive speakers under $800 recommendation

microdynamics = dynamic contrasts of very low-level information; intimately related to low-level resolution, but referring to the existence, or lack thereof, of _dynamic contrasts_ of said low-level information
  11. I

The sound(s) you normally don't hear unless playing really loud.
  12. I

I am finding Triangle Titus EZ to be exceptional value. I never heard a speaker in this price range with such spectacular micro dynamics. You can play them soft or loud with the same amount of enjoyment. At the same time, I would suggest if at all possible, to have the listen first. I ordered...
  13. I

Can you beat my option? KEF LS50 Wireless II + SVS SB-2000 Pro

I would stay away from LS50W. If it was available as a powered speaker only, I would definitely consider it. With the speed technology is changing, you are putting all your eggs in a single basket. It may become obsolete quickly and you will be stuck with what it is. At one point I was very keen...
  14. I

Which monitors fo home listening?

I believe you are right that the woofer is making the most of the difference. Adam describes the woofer as Carbon/Rohacell/Glass Fiber. Also the amp is 100W vs for 70W for T5V.
Top Bottom