Recent content by itsikhefez

1. I

pi_player: an application that extends the use of camilladsp to a fully functional preamp/streamer

I've been testing a few displays because I can't order the front panel without finalizing which one. This was the first one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/224197366222 Its a 1.77" LCD with 160x128 pixels. I chose it because it is almost identical to the RME unit. It works well overall, only...
  2. I

pi_player: an application that extends the use of camilladsp to a fully functional preamp/streamer

I made a case with Front Panel Express at exact dimensions of the RME half-rack units. It is unfortunately very expensive so your option seems good if there is broader interest.
  3. I

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

@melomane13 sounds good, started a new thread here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/pi_player-an-application-that-extends-the-use-of-camilladsp-to-a-fully-functional-preamp-streamer.53173/
  4. I

A few pics and basic demo. I bought this remote off eBay since it had most buttons I was interested in, and it is what "inspired" the labels of the remote key mapping. https://github.com/itsikhefez/pi_player/blob/main/remote.py#L23 Tentative front panel, intention is to match aesthetics on top...
  5. I

Posted originally in the RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial. Thanks so much again to @mdsimon2 for starting that thread and providing detailed instructions on setting up an RPI with CamillaDSP. I have been working on a similar python app to what is discussed there, but with some additional features. It...
  6. I

I have been working on a similar python app to what @mdsimon2 provided here, but with some additional features. It supports any remote control with a basic TSOP38238 IR receiver, in additional to a physical knob with a rotary encoder. If you're using Squeezelite, you can change tracks and...
  7. I

I'm still ironing out the details of my RPI/CamillaDSP setup with the UCX-II, one thing here caught my eye @mdsimon2 is this an Ultralite specific issue? I've been swapping between TOSLINK and squeezelite and had not had any issues. Perhaps the UCX-II has a clock source setting per input? As...
  8. I

Thanks for the suggestion. I've built something similar in the past for piCorePlayer with a VFD display in a small box, but for this I'll try to match the form factor and layout of the RME device, so the units look somewhat consistent. I received the UCX-II a few weeks ago and now have...
  9. I

Thanks so much for the quick reply and confirming the UCX-II (and similar interfaces) can support both analog and streaming with the switch of configs. I currently do only have 2 channel floorstanding speakers, but have a subwoofer and would be eventually interested to integrate it. With the sub...
  10. I

I am going through this tutorial for the first time, thanks so much ! My current stack is Benchmark DAC3/LA4/AHB2, using piCorePlayer for streaming and 2 analog sources, but obviously no DSP capabilities and looking to implement DRC. I have a Motu M4 on hand that I use for other things so...
  11. I

Need help with room setup / REW / CamilleDSP

Hi all, Lots of similar threads here but each room is different so starting another one for my room. Room is roughly 23 x 12 x 9 ft. It is a semi-dedicated room for audio and HT (front half is the system, back half has a few cabinets and a small table). When moving in, I purchased room...
  12. I

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

I had a similar issue and it was just dead. I recommend try getting it fixed/replaced under warranty
  13. I

Integrated that can subjectively compete with Benchmark stack?

I have built DIY line-level preamplifiers, many phono preamps, and a DAC in the past, maybe I should just build a custom preamp. Not sure if there any good OTS DAC modules these days that can compete
  14. I

Yea M33 is missing 2 functionalities (USB-in is one) so won't work. Thanks for the tip on the Eam Lab Studio DA201. I found the Cyprus Pre-XR also has all the required functionality. Although I am a bit weary of their products because I always see cheap components in pictures of their internals.
  15. I

To be clear, I purchased the amp second-hand from a dealer and I am still within the return window so opt to do that. I'll give Bryston a call but I am concerned that if I choose to keep it and try to repair it, I will be outside the return window if I'm still unhappy with the performance.
Top Bottom