Recent content by Itay

1. I

JBL 308P MKII Studio Monitor Review

Personally I have a trio of the older, but rather identical, LSR308, and I've noticed a problem with pretty much ALL of the active monitors in this price range - not a single one includes cabinet bracing or "proper" stuffing (polyfill etc). Seriously, adding some MDF and polyfill won't really...
  2. I

Salk WoW1 Bookshelf Speaker Review

Another gr8 review as always. Amir, regarding the impedance graph, I think it would be better to scale it/them to 10Hz-20Khz or 20Hz-20kHz since impedance below/above those frequencies is irrelevant anyway and it will also spread the graph better to see the details.
  3. I

PreSonus E5 XT Active Speaker Review

A waste of a good waveguide imho. and to think people buy these thinking they are flat and neutral monitors when they are clearly not. the same people then use these "monitors" to mix their music and the end results are based on that...
  4. I

Verdant Audio Bambusa AL-1 Review

IMHO this speaker is a collection of high quality components all a round, but with a poor crossover design. a great example of just how important is the design of the crossover itself...
  5. I

Jeff Rowland 535 Stereo Amplifier Review

I remember 25 years ago reading hi-fi magazines, and every time an amp like this was reviewed I was like "wow, maybe when I'm older I could afford this amazing amp". major facepalm...
  6. I

Fostex PM.03 Active Speaker Review

A small, although inconsequential, detail about the pm.03 is that they are not "active speakers", but rather "powered speakers". active implies the use of an active crossover with amplification for each driver, while the pm.03 is a speaker with a passive crossover that happens to have an...
Top Bottom