Recent content by ishmeister

1. ishmeister

Singxer SA-1 Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

It happens both with planar (LCD-X) and dynamic (HD600) when using XLR in->SE out. I have a balanced cable for the LCD-X but the HD600 I have to use RCA->SE out otherwise it pops. That means having both XLR and RCA outputs of my DAC connected to the SA-1. It's not a big deal really, just mildly...
  2. ishmeister

My DAC has both RCA and XLR outputs and I have both connected to the SA-1 and can switch between them at the front of the unit. I'm sure it's the DAC that's popping as this is my second DO100 and the first didn't have this issue but it failed after 11 months, so the current one I have is a...
  3. ishmeister

More details: XLR -> 4.4mm = no pops XLR -> 6.35mm = pops RCA -> 6.35mm = no pops RCA -> 4.4mm = no pops Is it not generally a good idea to use XLR -> 6.35mm? What could be the cause of the pop? It seems the DAC goes to sleep internally when there is no audio and I assume the pop is related...
  4. ishmeister

I just got an SMSL DO100 DAC. it's connected via XLR to the SA-1. I notice a pop sound before audio plays when using the single ended output but not the 4.4mm balanced. Any ideas why?
  5. ishmeister

SMSL DO100 Review (Stereo DAC)

Interesting, thanks. I've emailed SMSL about it first, so let's see what they say.
  6. ishmeister

I recently received my replacement DO100. It was from new stock. However, I'm having a new issue with this one. I get quite a loud pop just before audio starts to play and then a few seconds after I stop playing audio.
  7. ishmeister

Well that's it folks, the USB and BT inputs are now completely dead. Optical works but my display is blinking between sample rate and three dashes. So it looks like it's going to have to go back to SMSL and my faithful old Topping D10 will be filling in.
  8. ishmeister

So the reset procedure didn't work, neither did unplugging the unit from power for a while. What do the dP settings do? It's currently on dP7, which I guess is the default. Speaking of warranty, I've got 1 month left. Has anyone done a warranty claim with SMSL? How did that go?
  9. ishmeister

Well no, I didn't but I found the issue was happening with the bluetooth input as well (and seemed to be worse over bluetooth). I notice this sometimes as well but on those occaisions my keyboard and mouse also briefly disconnect. This issue is different and affects not just the USB input to...
  10. ishmeister

I got it new in Jan this year. I also keep mine powered on most of the time. The issue affected both USB and BT inputs, so I'm pretty sure it was the DAC itself. It seems to have stabilised again now - very strange. Edit: Spoke too soon, the issue is back.
  11. ishmeister

My DO100 started suddenly stuttering today. Audio breakup during playback of all sources (i.e. system wide). Windows 11. It persisted after two PC reboots. I turned the DAC off/on (at the plug) as well and that improved things mostly but I had a couple more glitches after that as well. Anyone...
  12. ishmeister

Sennheiser HD560s Owner's Thread.

Some audio products do seem to be more expensive in the US. E.g. the DT1990 Pro is one that springs to mind. Also the Chord Mojo.
  13. ishmeister

Good deal. I bought mine at that lowest ever price but I love this headphone and to me it is easily worth even the full price.
  14. ishmeister

I have both. I prefer the HD560S with EQ for the reasons you mention. You could try this auto-generated EQ, where I just disabled the least significant filters. I listened and it sounds good, though I don't have an ADI-2.
  15. ishmeister

About 30 seconds of googling answers my question - 3 amps. Luckily I had one spare.
Top Bottom