Recent content by isaudio

1. I

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

"Gut feeling" was just a replacement for a proper explanation of my thought processes. I'm just too lazy to dig inside my own brain.
  2. I

Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Closed, Aeon 2 Noire and Stealth

Alright, you have enlightened me. Although I would probably measure dynamics differently: I would play two sine waves of a loud and quiet volume, then see how the headphones do compared to the ideal response. Ideally headphones will have the correct distinction between a sine wave of 1 db and...
  3. I

I don't audition headphones. I don't have that luxury as I am in school most of the time. I use my gut to see if a reviewer is trustworthy or not. I get to know their biases by comparisons with other people. After all, everything is relative.
  4. I

Odd as my first post on this forum. I would say objective measurements have lots of value. Things like frequency response are pretty useful as the human brain is pretty fallible when it comes to aural memory, so entirely relying on your ears is not going to be the best if you want to be able to...
  5. I

These sources I use to prove my point that DCA headphones are on the softer side come from not just any person, but from reputable reviewers such as the Headphones.com team and Crinacle who have tried and tested hundreds of headphones in their lifetime. Ideally the best way to prove my point is...
  6. I

Unfortunately, no, I have none. The only evidence I have on my assumption that Dan Clark headphones have not good dynamics is anecdotal, not objective evidence. Nobody posts dynamics measurements on headphones. I probably should have made clear that these are subjective impressions, not real...
  7. I

Crinacle recently shared his opinions on a strem a few days ago, saying that he thought that most of the Dan Clark headphones were generally lacking in dynamics, which resulted in a flavorless and pretty dull presentation, at least for his tastes. I suppose the Stealth and a lot of the Dan Clark...
Top Bottom