Recent content by irontortoise

1. irontortoise

Wiim Pro or Wiim Mini+Dac

Show us measurements, otherwise this is meaningless.
  2. irontortoise

Most idiotic subjective review comments

Didn’t Wile E. Coyote buy a bunch of those from ACME?
  3. irontortoise

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

I would recommend doing a little research and discovering a little about the science of sound. Or, I guess you could try and tell engineers, scientists, and educated hobbyists, how they’re wrong based upon your own emotions.
  4. irontortoise

Why does Cannabis make music sound way more detailed and hundreds of times more enjoyable?

THC lined cables, wrapped in hemp! We’ll make millions!
  5. irontortoise

How to properly integrate a subwoofer with my tower speakers?

Awesome! Thanks for this. This is exactly what I need.
  6. irontortoise

How to properly integrate a subwoofer with my tower speakers?

This interests me. If there’s a good article on this, can you share that? Otherwise, should it be higher or lower than 80Hz, or is it speaker dependent? Is this only for finding the ideal location, or keep the crossover the same even after placement?
  7. irontortoise

I've owned speakers by.....

Frazier (hand-me-downs from my dad, which I hand-me-upped back to him and he's still using in his garage!) Sony Yamaha SVS Bose Paradigm Presonus Polk
  8. irontortoise

Buffalo Audio Switch - What do you guys think about this product?

Have you seen Twitter or Reddit? LOTS of noise. :p
  9. irontortoise

m33 , and kef r3 what cross over settings i should use?

Can I say, as a new member, that I’m impressed with the level of sincere, genuine support and advice members of ASR are giving, in what is the Kobyashi Maru of threads. I love you guys!
  10. irontortoise

m33 , and kef r3 what cross over settings i should use?

These threads are the REAL Multiverse of Madness! I know someone is waiting for Season 2, but I want a prequel first!
  11. irontortoise

Extreme Snake Oil

But remember, 3 lefts do make a right! Totally scientific.
  12. irontortoise

how does an 'Audio Grounding Box' work?

They should have 3 models: blue or red LED, and you buy one depending on if you prefer warm or cool sound!. A third model, at twice the price, has both, so you can switch, LOL.
  13. irontortoise

Extreme Snake Oil

Guys! They’ve solved it! Electrical engineering has been SOLVED. From their FAQ: “Yes, fuses are directional. Electricity should flow from the left to the right when you view the fuse.”
  14. irontortoise

New SMSL A300 BTL Class-d Power Amp

USB-C to USB-A is how I am running it currently from my Win10 laptop dock while I wait for my DAC. I haven’t had any issues and was plug and play: no drivers needed.
  15. irontortoise

U.S.A.'s last cassette tape manufacturer spews B.S.

This just made it even better! Not shown: the phone receiver connected to the 2400 baud modem dialed into the BBS set up by the record companies to download the songs!
Top Bottom