Recent content by IowAudio

1. IowAudio

Need Help Finding Replacement Power Switch For Little Amp.

Got a used Fosi BT10A mini amp of ebay. Shows up with a broken power switch. Seller reimbursed me a bit but I would like to find a replacement. Haven't had much luck not sure where to find a little switch like this...
  2. IowAudio

Fosi Audio BT10A Bluetooth Stereo Amp Review

I sent my Fosi HD-A1 in for testing. It seemed pretty decent in my YouTube review but the measurements are crap. IF your a critical listener I'd stay away from the HD-A1 it's barely capable of resolving a record or cassette tape. Aiyima A07 is cheaper and better.
  3. IowAudio

Nobsound TPA3255 Amplifier

Because of the 40hz low end roll off I can't keep or recommend this amp. If you want one to mess with fine but otherwise nope. Testing this next to a 250w x2 @4ohm hypex amp it got killed. The hypex definitely had more power. The power supply in the Nobsound is 36v @ 9.5amps = 342watts if it...
  4. IowAudio

Vista Audio Spark II Review (Amplifer)

What killed it for me is the Pyle style led lighting. Vista's website also doesn't give much info and is laid out like a snake oil cable site with lots of low light fantastical language and just uses catch worlds like toroidal as specs... Matched with the calligraphy on the front and high price...
  5. IowAudio

Subjectivity, anything could be good to any person. Which is fine I have speakers that I built years ago I Subjectivity like but will acknowledge are objectively bad. I still listen to them and like them but I don't go around claiming they're better than other speakers that do measure well. We...
  6. IowAudio

Its way overpriced and NO it isn't better than many other amps at its price. Maybe subjectivity it is to you fine. But amps like the SMSL DA-9 or SA300, Sabaj A10a or A20a and Aiyima A07 provide better specs and performance and will easily out sell the Vista Audio Spark. Not to mention some of...
  7. IowAudio

Another prime example of garbage being hyped by YouTubers. Shows how poorly something can perform and some people will still think it sounds good or will say nice things about it so they can keep it. Also styling wise, all the LEDs on the front at first glance I thought it was a Pyle but after...
  8. IowAudio

I provided pics at the beginning of the thread. The built in power supply says 36v @ 9.5amps. Should be plenty of power.
  9. IowAudio

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Tear Down

I have a Nobsound 3255 amp. Very nice little amp but has weak low end. Not sure if its defective or something wierd Nobsound did. Here's a link to another thread on ASR I been discussing it on. Has pics and measurements that show the lack of low end. Anyone here wanna take a look I'd appreciate...
  10. IowAudio

Did a quick pink noise test between the Nobsound and HK3490. Same thing as before, the nobsound starts dropping off at 40hz.... Its not a perfect test but does reflect what I'm hearing.
  11. IowAudio

Haven't gotten a chance to do pink noise measurements but tried with other speakers and I'm getting the same thing. Tried Sony CS5, JBL Stage A130, BIC DV62Si. All lack low end with this Nobsound 3255 with tone controls off....
  12. IowAudio

Okay, did some quick REW measurements with my Dayton UMM-6 mic @ 1ft comparing my main amp Harman Kardon HK3490 vs Nobsound 3255 using some of my DIY speakers. Its pretty much exactly what I heard when test listening. Nobsound lacks bass and looses a few db when tone control is enabled. Bass on...
  13. IowAudio

Still loses to much volume when the EQ is on. Seems like to me the tone controls all have to be at 3 o'clock or max to get volume back to when the EQ is off. To me makes more sense to just leave it off and EQ with my minidsp or EQ APO. Even using the Bluetooth most phones have decent EQ built...
  14. IowAudio

Total noob - How much SINAD do you actually need?

Amir's current video series is a good reminder that many of these formats are not fully or properly utilized in many occasions. If you listen to mostly main stream music from the last 30 years get used to everything being engineered around compression. Most of this music only utilizes 10 to 12...
  15. IowAudio

Can you define me a threshold for "audible - hearable"?

I believe Amir has mentioned really most listeners can't distinguish much beyound 70db SINAD. Once your above that differences become less apparent to most people...
Top Bottom