Recent content by Introextro

1. I

JBL M2s - Tweaks

Thanks. I have to find a day to sit down and spend some time with them and begin the tweaking. In the meanwhile, everyday I am totally bowled over by the sound!! I had Revel Salon 2s before my QSCs and boy these put those to shame per my ears. The sound is so room filling and has so much more...
  2. I

JBL M2s - Tweaks

Yes, I will get to that. Haven't bought any gear yet.
  3. I

JBL M2s - Tweaks

Very interesting indeed. Definitely Blue Jeans and a little toe in tonight. You probably understand, but to explain the effect, take Katy Perry's Chained to the Rhythm (sorry!). Her voice actually seemed thicker in my QSC KW 15 speakers with the 18 inch dual subs ( yes I have experience with...
  4. I

JBL M2s - Tweaks

Thanks, going to try something soon!
  5. I

JBL M2s - Tweaks

Also, strangely turning down the gain in the amps from 0 to -10 seems to help? I am not sure though!
  6. I

JBL M2s - Tweaks

Thanks!. Well a mix of some random 14AWG Monster type cable. Was thinking about some anti cables, that are just a solid copper wire maybe 16AWG which is not too expensive ( in the $300 range), but maybe not. I listen to high volumes I'll measure the SPL and let you know. The amps seem to be...
  7. I

JBL M2s - Tweaks

Hello, Just bought a set of JBL M2s a week back, with the crown amps. While they sound truly amazing(!!) and have all the fundamentals I like (mid range crack, horn dynamics) I a finding the setup a little bright, and have to turn down the volume often. Especially true with bad recordings. I...
  8. I

JBL M2 and DSP Question

Thanks, this i believe is through the Audio architect software, will check out.
  9. I

JBL M2 and DSP Question

I "loaded" the device file and now the amp shows "link" and two db slide bars for the 2 channels. Guessing this is correct? Is there a way to change the gain of a channel separately without the other channel? Any way to test if the settings are correct? Thanks so much!
  10. I

JBL M2 and DSP Question

Got it, thanks! Let me give it a shot.
  11. I

JBL M2 and DSP Question

hi, I just bought a pair of M2s and Crown 5000 amps. Can someone please help find the correct device file for the M2s? It seems to be removed from the JBL site. Also any insight on how to install and run would be greatly appreciated since I am brand new to the DSP world. Thank you!
  12. I

Active crossovers measurably better?

Okay thanks. i heard the 4367s and i don't want to lose that sound since it was to my taste. Most helpful to learn that given the shape of the waveguide the two speakers may sound very different. Its just so hard to listen to the M2s even though I am in NYC, but I'll try before buying.
  13. I

Yes, thank you. I am not sure how different the sound would be as a result of the different waveguide designs but I suspect it could be very different? The 4367 weighs a little more than the M2 @135 lb (61.2 kg) vs 129 lb. (58.5 kg)
  14. I

Thanks. I also see differences in the cabinets and the horn. While the 4367 looks deeper the M2 has a different wave guide. Would this impact the sound too?
  15. I

Hi, I am trying to decide between a 4367 and an M2. Heard the M2 recently and they sounded fantastic. Is the M2 better? Or does the width of the 4367 help it get better in any respect? What was your experience? Thanks!
Top Bottom