Recent content by infinitesymphony

1. infinitesymphony

Streaming device with lip sync adjustment

Apologies for bumping an old thread, but I found the perfect solution for my lip sync problem: Apple TV's Wireless Audio Sync It successfully matched lip sync in one try, presumably by adding video delay to correct the fact that my TV has late audio even without any delay or processing...
  2. infinitesymphony

Streaming device with lip sync adjustment

NVIDIA's site says the following about the Shield's AV Sync: "Use of an AV Receiver with HDMI for video may result in audio lagging behind video. First try using the receiver AV sync settings to calibrate. If this does not work, use the AV sync slider utility in Settings > Device Preferences...
  3. infinitesymphony

Neumann KH 310A Review (Powered Monitor)

KH420? For a minute there I thought we had a substantial new speaker update in the works. o_O
  4. infinitesymphony

What cables do you use in your systems?

As far as I can tell they did not stick around for long, just some new old stock to be found on eBay. They were a breeze to terminate, but they did seem substantially more fragile than a soldered termination. If you put your ear up to the connector and rotated the cable, you could hear the wire...
  5. infinitesymphony

What cables do you use in your systems?

Love Belden 1800F. It used to be tough to find by the foot and it is still somewhat expensive at around $2/ft. For longer cable runs and similar performance (and a blue jacket to designate digital if you want that), Canare DA206 is also a good single-pair choice at around $1/ft. I've gone the...
  6. infinitesymphony

AKG K371 Review (closed back headphone)

I lament this all the time, but I think the now-discontinued Sennheiser HD 380 Pros might have been right up your alley. Closed-back, slightly warmer than neutral, similar fit. Their only similar option now is the HD 300 Pro, but these are the evolution of the 280 Pros which were not at all...
  7. infinitesymphony

Neumann KH 80 DSP Speaker Measurements: Take Two

My recollection is that measurement devices tend to be less accurate in the >10 KHz range, so these deviations may not accurately reflect performance or unit-to-unit variation.
  8. infinitesymphony

Motu M2 Review (Audio Interface)

Maybe. I would recommend contacting Bluesound about specific compatibility questions. From the Bluesound NODE manual: Officially, the Motu M2 supports Windows, Mac, and iOS devices.
  9. infinitesymphony

Edifier R1280T Powered Speaker Review

Yes, exactly right in both cases.
  10. infinitesymphony

Nectar Hive Review (Electrostatic Headphones)

1. Unless @crinacle used a SRM-313 for measurements, don't we already have a second data point taken with a different amplifier (see below) with a similar frequency response result? 2. If you look at the general slope of the curve and average out the deviations it essentially follows the...
  11. infinitesymphony

Genelec GLM Review (Room EQ & Setup)

Streaming surround music sounds interesting. When you say "'Dolby Atmos' branded box," do you mean a surround receiver with Dolby Atmos, or are there other hardware or software options?
  12. infinitesymphony

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

How long until similar designs trickle down into an updated version of the Topping MX3, an all-in-one with Bluetooth/USB/optical inputs, DAC, headphone output, and integrated amp w/speaker outputs? #pareidolia o_O:eek:
  13. infinitesymphony

Centered volume knobs

Very existential question... If a knob is floating in space by itself, is it centered?
  14. infinitesymphony

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

I'd like to think Topping took inspiration from my Bryston x Topping mashup: And my Centered volume knobs thread: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/centered-volume-knobs.16751/ (They didn't, but I'd like to think so. ;))
Top Bottom