Recent content by imnotdrunk

1. I

FiiO BTR7 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Any chance of testing the Ifi Go Bar? They claim 475mW into 32 ohms which is a couple notches more power than any other similar product, wonder if they cut corners to get there...
  2. I

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

I don't think there is any reason to upgrade if you're not going to use the balanced output
  3. I

Anyone have their own private cloud audio streaming service

I can't do subscription services and their changing copyrights. I have a couple of decades worth of my old rips + my bandcamp purchases (the best music service aroud for someone like me) + downloads that come with physical media. And I'm not talking about music services that let you upload your...
  4. I

turntable reviews?

i'd love to see a review of this o_O
  5. I

The Vinyl Frontier

I would also categorize "being able to find new music anywhere" under convenience factors. Since getting my turntable working, I've been listening to a lot of records I bought in second hand shops of different kinds during the past few years. Some of this stuff might be difficult to stumble upon...
  6. I

Topping E30 DAC Review

That's right! A real nice live album pressing https://www.discogs.com/Hawkwind-Victim-Of-Sonic-Attack-London-December-30th-1972/release/11906215
  7. I

Topping E30 DAC Review

got everything running now, my Braun turntable is working well after some compatibility issues & running it through the Puffin to E30 via Toslink sounds sweet, L30 goes straight into the Quad 450 and I'm happy out....until I have the cash for RME ADI DAC but that'll take a while
  8. I

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

I swear I checked all the connections, but something must have been loose since now it is working again! :) It's almost always user error, especially with me....
  9. I

I got my L30 replacement yesterday and at first I was happy, hooked up my headphones and sound was great both from my laptop via USB and TV via optical to E30 to L30 to headphones. Today I can't get it to work. The only difference is that I set up the APO Equalizer on the laptop. I can get...
  10. I

PI2AES Digital Audio Shield for the Raspberry PI

The Linkstation supports uPnP too, but I've found that using in windows, SMB has been more reliable. I live in a shared household have my own VPN enabled router connected to the main one, with the Linkstation hooked up to my router. They are on the first floor and I'm on the ground floor. I'm...
  11. I

The Vinyl Frontier

That wasn't an argument vs anything in the thread btw just another point of view. Analog sure gives people the wildest things to get fussy about. Do we have any experts who have a decent idea on the usage of water in record cleaning? While I can stretch my imagination into thinking the hard...
  12. I

The Vinyl Frontier

I listen to a lot of crappily recorded music from the 70s, vinyl is a decent format for that anyways. A lot of the bands I like were at their best when they were broke and once they got to be recorded 'properly' the end result did not have that magic. Recording techniques can be intentionally...
  13. I

I'm waiting for my replacement, will probably arrive soon :cool:
  14. I

Cheers, yeah I'm not sure if I should use the Linkstation media server or one in the PI. I can do some stuff manually, I actually have the PI 2b from my last try, but back then there was much less documentation etc available, I can do basic linux stuff especially with some format of...
  15. I

I've been thinking about getting an RPI as a player for my NAS and portable devices, hooked up to a Topping L30. I ordered the bits now to get this project moving. Couple of questions, somewhat of a newbie in Hi-Fi and RPI stuff - I have an old RPI 2 b, can I use this one? Any compatibility /...
Top Bottom