Recent content by Illtrick

1. Illtrick

KH80 + MA1 how is software config support so far?

Bottom line: No. In the end I just leave them on 24/7. The randomly changing LEDs and intermittent failure to wake up were collectively worse than whatever few dollars a year more in electricity or few years I'm shortening the lives of the monitors.
  2. Illtrick

KH80 + MA1 how is software config support so far?

Sorry to dust off an old thread. I haven’t found any standby settings beyond the time setting. Did you see sensitivity or anything else related to standby? My KH80s keep waking up randomly.
  3. Illtrick

Dan Clark E3 Headphone Review

As an owner of 2 different pairs of DCA cans I’m excited to see the further development of the industrial and mechanical design. Above all I have never personally met a better fitting ear cup and more comfortable head band than DCA cans. Other manufacturers please, for the love of god, make...
  4. Illtrick

NAD M23 Stereo Amplifier Review

That's not really how that works. Typically you can only shave 15-25% off MSRP if you cut out the middle man (retailers / distributors) but few companies give that back to the consumer. That's because your total order volume drops significantly with a direct to consumer strategy. Especially...
  5. Illtrick

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

This is helpful. Literally I've been looking for the portable bluetooth solution for my Noires and these are the two top contenders.
  6. Illtrick

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

What headphones are you driving? Is the power difference notable between the G5 and BTR7? Any connectivity issues with either?
  7. Illtrick

FiiO BTR7 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Which one would be a better match for the Aeon 2’s? G5 or BTR7 (only going to use the SE output)? I love the power of the G5 but Fiio has a lot more experience on the firmware / software side that make me a bit gunshy on the G5.
  8. Illtrick

ADAM Audio A series 2022

I believe tweeters are the same component however the wave guide has been updated. ( it’s visibly different)
  9. Illtrick

ADAM Audio A series 2022

Thanks for sharing! I'll start saving up for a set.
  10. Illtrick

ADAM Audio A series 2022

Ahh. That makes sense to why I couldn't really find any content on it. These seem like the "sweet spot" to me for a nearfield / desktops setup. A notch above iLoud and a notch (or few) below the Nuemans / Genelecs. There's plenty of powered monitors out there but not many that are small...
  11. Illtrick

ADAM Audio A series 2022

Have you played with the DSP?
  12. Illtrick

Smallest possible amp for Dan Clark Aeons?

I’m hoping to find a single unit / less than $300. Luckily I’m patient so I can keep waiting. The xCan has an output impedance above 1ohm. Normally that’s not a big deal but the ratio against a 13ohm load isn’t very favorable. I’m no expert so don’t know the exact point where it has an...
  13. Illtrick

Smallest possible amp for Dan Clark Aeons?

The BTR7 is going to be here one day…. Maybe that’ll be the right portable for the Aeons? I’ve got both the RT/X opens and Noires and have been looking for a Bluetooth portable for just letting me sit in a different room in the house than using my desk setup. So I’ve been hunting for the right...
  14. Illtrick

What power acceptability curve best handles reality?

Thanks. I'll see if there's some references there. Curious if what mains voltage sag / duration of sag most people are engineering to for North America.
  15. Illtrick

What power acceptability curve best handles reality?

I've been doing some research to help our some EE's who are building out some power equipment. They brought up the CBEMA curve as a "standard" by which to define the probable electrical input conditions that they'd need to handle. I don't have the background to answer the question for them...
Top Bottom