Recent content by igfarm

1. I

Motu M4 Audio Interface Review

I am using the Motu that way, however connected to raspberry pi with camilladsp on it. Use it as a Roon and Spotify endpoints. Nice writeup on camilladsp on another thread. No volume issues as mostly use digital volume from corresponding apps.
  2. I

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

Should be simple to change the code to control two plugs, not just one. The general idea is to control the state of the amp based on the playback state. In camillaDSP, the playback state switches from Running to Paused after the configurable silence_timeout value, so you can choose to make the...
  3. I

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Emotiva coupon 20% off valid until July 24: Austin20 source: cheapaudioman
  4. I

@chuckt62 Here you go https://github.com/igfarm/amp_power You can modify the getAmpState and setAmpState to use GPIO instead of calling python-kasa
  5. I

I recently got a Hypex amp from VTV. The amp is very basic and it only has an on/off AC switch in the back. After quick exchange with VTV folks they mentioned that most people are using external AC outlets to control the power to their amps. So, that got me thinking on how I can do this with...
  6. I

Poll for Topping PA5 owners only please.

My PA5 has been running for 3 months, and nothing to report except it works. Will report again at the 6 month mark (if I remember) or sooner if something worthy of mention.
  7. I

IOTAVX SA3 control via RS-232 interface

Well, the nice folks at IOTAVX provided a firmware upgrade to the SA3 which allows control of the amp via RS-232, so I am a happy camper. From readme file:
  8. I

Help: choosing components for upcoming stereo upgrade

If you don't mind a little software tinkering and don't need Dirac, you could use a Raspberry Pi and a Motu M4 and save a few hundred $. Below is my setup for reference. Pretty happy with it, and easy to forget after it was all set up. I do have room correction of the sub using REW and CamillaDSP.
  9. I

On a side note: why Spotify? The kids all use it and now it is safe for them to use the main sound system :)
  10. I

Yes, that seems to have done it. New setup is like this: /opt/librespot/librespot \ --name "Living Room" \ --backend alsa \ --bitrate 320 \ --device plughw:0 \ --mixer softvol \ --volume-ctrl log \ --volume-range 80 \ --initial-volume 50 \ --onevent /opt/librespot/onevent Changed...
  11. I

This does not seem to be a CamillaDSP specific issue, as it seems to be working properly with Roon, which I have configured to do volume control in software (i.e. I am not using the CamillaDSP volume controls). When using Spotify on my phone (or Desktop app) and connecting to the Pi running...
  12. I

Is anyone using librespot (Spotify) on this setup? I have a problem where the volume is super coarse when I connecting from iPhone. I start at 25% and that is already loud a couple of clicks down and is muted, a couple of clicks up and its very loud, and the volume bar on iPhone is not even half...
  13. I

Thanks for the links. I did tried both projects before. The first one seems to be geared to IR control, while the latter seems to be made for the VX1 but did not worked on the SA3, I did reached out to tech support and Ian reached back to acknowledge control I wanted is missing and they will be...
  14. I

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Also happy with the PA5 amp. Mine is feed from a Motu M4/CamillaDSP (for SVS sub crossover) and connected to GR Research X-LS Encode speakers about 8 feet away from the listening position in my living room. Used for steaming music only via Roon. Plenty loud, no hums or crackling. Volume is...
  15. I

Does anyone know the protocol for issuing commands to the IOTAVX SA3 amp using the RS-232 inetrface? I managed to connect a cable to it, set the baud to 115200 bps and can see data coming out of it when I take it out of standby, change volume, etc. What I like to do now is to issue a command...
Top Bottom