Recent content by IcebergSimpson

1. I

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

Ok cool this is basically what I've been doing for everything. Exclusive mode with force volume set and I just change it from the amp itself. Just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing. Thank you.
  2. I

Yeah when I use exclusive mode windows and tidal stay at 100% volume and it can only be controlled further from the atom. I can still change the sample rate manually but the topping d30 isn't MQA compatible so I just leave it at 16bit. Is this correct?
  3. I

Yeah well I'm listening to everything using Tidal HiFi and I have windows set to 16bit 44.1hz. So I should change it to 24bit 44.1hz and leave the volume at 100%? also I'm using a topping d30 for my dac and not the onboard one if that matters.
  4. I

Just so I have this correct, I always keep windows volume at 100% and then just change the volume on the amp itself only?
  5. I

Yea I've heard that before for sure. Cant seem to find a used pair anywhere else and I'm in the states so I might have to go full price but with the cans I'm coming from it should be a pretty good jump. I haven't tried EQ'ing any of my headsets yet, is this supposed to make a big difference?
  6. I

Very nice. Well I have 2 options right now, either buy it new for $600 or ebay them for probably $500 but I feel if I'm getting this premium of a headset I'm not sure how I feel about buying it used for x amount of months. If it was amazon I'd feel better due to how easy it is to return but not...
  7. I

Their pretty amazing for the price and work great with the amp. Just the right amount of bass/energy and detail to really enjoy the music. My 58x are great too especially with mid/vocals and decent bass. I was hoping for the 1990 to be a mix of both.
  8. I

Gotcha. Yeah I've seen reviews on them. I have my he4xx for bass if I need it but I'd imagine those are just as good or better in that department with one of the two pads it comes with.
  9. I

ahaha not a rap fan or not a ludacris fan?
  10. I

Yeah I've been using the amp for a while with the 58x and 4xx. I'm ready to take that next step up I just wasn't sure if this amp would really be enough for the 1990s.
  11. I

no I mean I was planning on buying them today.
  12. I

Ok dope. Yeah let me know your impressions sound wise, I'm ready to pull the trigger.
  13. I

Beyerdynamic 177x vs 1990 pro

would you say the 1990 pro is superior to the he4xx in all categories? soundstage, lows, mids and highs?
Top Bottom