Recent content by icarm1

1. I

Best purpose-built single ended dac amp stack under $1000usd

Thanks for elaborating. To put it in perspective, I started with the dt1990, then entered the web of dac/amp mayhem to match it. I started with looking at the btr5, then successively looked at better and better combinations until arriving at this point (partway through the depths into audiophile...
  2. I

I can see why you are confused - the RME is using a dedicated SE headphone out, that was my mistake. In addition, the RME does have better measurements compared to the Burson conductor 3p (except for channel separation). The THD and SNR differences between the units should not be noticeable to...
  3. I

Thanks for the option - I think at that price I’d go for either the burson conductor 3p or 3R as they are dedicated SE dac/amps
  4. I

Hi all - thanks for the suggestions and the messages with suggestions, I’ve also now found the jds labs element 3, the burson playmate 2 and burson conductor 3p, all of which sit at the higher end of the price range (the conductor would be bought second hand). The reviews on these are pretty...
  5. I

Hi all, First time posting after being consumed by the rabbit hole that is audiophelia. I am looking for a dac/amp combination that works ideally with single ended headphones (in this case the dt1990s). The general consensus I’ve seen is that at the same price, an SE stack will be better than a...
Top Bottom