Recent content by iamsms

1. I

Topping Reliability

I am using a Topping A90D as my current headphone amp (also preamp for my active monitors). Been great for 1.5 years. If this one dies anytime soon, I'll probably get a Benchmark, just for local service/warranty availability. But no complaint so far.
  2. I

Poll: How do you primarily listen to audio at home?

I selected Headphones/IEM - as those are my choices when it comes to listening music. But when it comes to listening to audio - I think I use my phone speaker most - for youtube videos, sports talk shows, podcasts, documentaries etc.
  3. I

Singxer SA-1 Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

is this V2 a real thing? https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/desktop-hp-amplifiers/singxer-sa-1-v2-p-18558.html
  4. I

Resolve's B&K 5128 Headphone Target - you can try the EQ's.....

Any chance of you guys publishing (either on forum or youtube) some amp/dac blind testing results? Resolve and a few other headphones.com folks (not you) have made some (imo) outrageous claims about amps and dacs in the past, and I think many would like to see them try to validate their past...
  5. I

Do you distrust some engineering? Like bridges, roads, electronics, buildings, vehicles, planes, trains etc etc?

I don't trust my car on some streets of San Francisco. Recently a friend came to visit me, and we went to a place in SF, and on our way back, we decided to roam around a bit and show him the city. On one particular street, while going uphill, my friend and my car both were very close to what...
  6. I

SMSL SU-10 - the next "best" DAC coming soon!?

Not very common. I think there is one from soncoz. and the fiio k9? Anyway, I have the SU-9, with which I am very happy. It will be interesting to see if Su-10 brings anything new in terms of feature as SU-9 already measures very well. Although, other than built in streamer and DSP, I can't...
  7. I

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

How is the channel balance? Or is it digital hence, no need to test?
  8. I

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

Other than creating an opening in the headphone cable, is there any way to measure the voltage in a loaded condition (meaning, with headphones connected)? Maybe a splitter like this? https://www.amazon.com/Gold-Plated-Copper-Female-Y-Splitter-Adapter/dp/B07CZX3N6K/
  9. I

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

To the lazy/impatient crowd maybe? I really don't understand this SINAD criticism to be honest. Amir's reviews have so many other measurements - nobody is forced to read SINAD only. Look at other numbers, look at features, size, power etc. and then make your decision. This forum is open too...
  10. I

Poll for Topping PA5 owners only please.

While I am not in the "never topping" camp yet, I am firmly in the "purchase topping from local dealers, pay taxes and extra if needed" camp. And not just any local sellers, sellers that won't make me ship devices back to China in case of a failure during warranty period. I asked headphones.com...
  11. I

CHORD M-Scaler Review (Upsampler)

I have a feeling that having that machine near your dac can improve slam quite a bit.
  12. I

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

i have a su-9, don't think you can do that.
  13. I

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

the said company in China. Definitely not JDS, whoever it is.
  14. I

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

I wish these came with laptop style power supply - the plug that goes into the power strip is small and doesn't take multiple slots like this one. Something like this would be nice too.
Top Bottom