Recent content by hyperknot

1. H

Any point of external DAC+AMP with new MacBook Pros?

Here is the official Apple document about which machines have headphone amp built in: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212856 iMac introduced in 2023 MacBook Air introduced in 2022 or later MacBook Pro introduced in 2021 or later Mac mini introduced in 2023 Mac Studio introduced in 2022 or...
  2. H

Yes, a M1/M2/M3 MacBook Pro audio output review would be great by @amirm! I only found this from 2021 by L7: https://www.l7audiolab.com/f/mbp162021/
  3. H

I have a M1 MacBook Pro 16 with these new updated headphone outs. I use a Khadas Tone Board + JDS Atom Amp 1 with a Sennheiser HD650. I can push volumes to uncomfortable levels using the built-in 3.5mm port on my MacBook, even when using DSP + -4 dB ReplayGain + headphone EQ. My question is...
  4. H

SONCOZ SGD1 Audio DAC Review

So if I have an Apple TV 4K 2022, can I just teach the remote to control my SGD1? This "Learn New Device" is doing bidirectional communication with the ATV remote?
  5. H

20 meter between PC <> DAC

A Dell Optiplex, no chance there.
  6. H

Thanks for the help! There is already a Raspberry Pi based streamer, it's fiddly, doesn't work with Spotify, YouTube, etc. I'm definitely looking for a PC based solution, no streamers. DAC is a Soncoz SGD1, it has all kind of inputs. (I don't want to use the AES as it'd make it very difficult...
  7. H

I linked the 20m version above which has 2 signal amplifiers, but I'm really curious about how is the data transmission over this distance. Best would be to verify the digital output of the DAC via an optical input board and compare for bit perfectness.
  8. H

The 20m version has 2 signal amplifiers: https://www.amazon.de/-/en/deleyCON-Active-Printer-Scanner-Multifunction/dp/B09HCHV26X/?th=1
  9. H

Here is the first find for it on Amazon.de: https://www.amazon.de/-/en/deleyCON-Printer-Amplifier-Repeater-Computer/dp/B07Q4QC7NH/?th=1
  10. H

That's what's inside an active USB cable, isn't it?
  11. H

Hi, how would you recommend connecting a PC with a DAC which is 20 meters away? AFAIK, I have two options: - active USB 2.0 cables - Toslink cables With both solutions I'm worried about if there is degradation in jitter and also bit-loss. Also, for the Toslink cable, I'd need to basically buy...
  12. H

autoeq.app Is a Web Application for Equalizing Headphones the Easy Way

I've given up on the Zero RED + Diffuse Field 5128 (-1 dB /oct), it totally ruins the sound. This IEM sounds much better without any EQ compared to when EQ-d to this target.
  13. H

autoeq.app Is a Web Application for Equalizing Headphones the Easy Way

I've just found this great app, @jaakkopasanen thank you first of all for creating it! I'm a bit confused about the Zero RED measurement though. It selects this "Diffuse Field 5128 (-1 dB /oct)" automatically. I don't understand how does it related to Harman In-Ear and other classic curves. I've...
  14. H

What IEMs do you consider significantly better than the beloved Truthear Zero IEMs?

OK, just for a start I ordered the 7Hz Salnotes Zero, which is one of those cheap ones which copied he Aria curve and is also on the top of the AutoEQ list. I might also buy a Chu just for fun, it also has super good rankings. Then I guess the sweet spot might be a Blessing 3 Dusk when it comes out.
  15. H

What IEMs do you consider significantly better than the beloved Truthear Zero IEMs?

What IEMs would you recommend for me for the following criteria: - I really like the sound of my Sennheiser HD650 with EQ (but not so much without EQ). I use it with Oratory's "Optimum Hifi" profile (+ desktop DAC + amp). - I'm looking for an IEM which I can use with my M1 Macbook Pro's built-in...
Top Bottom