Recent content by Hybride

1. H

Review and Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC

You are not wrong. The changes in sound you hear are probably also caused by dirty mains power. These distortions travels through any psu. Try good mains filtering and i think you will be surprised.
  2. H

Is Audio Science Review going about it all wrong? Or partly wrong? Or all right?

I agree on spec's. But why does each DAC model sounds different? Does the designers not measure? Lowlevel signals below the tresshold of measuring equipment which itself also suffers with distortions due electronic components and LCR properties. It is also very hard measuring signal behaviour in...
  3. H

Is Audio Science Review going about it all wrong? Or partly wrong? Or all right?

Great post. For over 10 years i visit a DAC designer who spend most of his lifetime designing DAC circuits. It is incredible difficult to correlate what we hear to what we are measuring. There seems even to be a unmeasurable area. Changing a single component in the circuit causes no change in...
  4. H

Hi everyone, Recieved a RME ADI-2 DAC. A subjective impression for who is interested. At first, the influence of the power supply is audible for me. With the standard switching PSU i find the sound (the highs) somewhat exhausting. When i put a Seec HQSN4U mains filter before the PSU i hear a...
  5. H

RME doubt on the usefulness of upsampling. Aren't we 'educated' that upsampling is usefull to use more gentle (slow) filters as explained here: (from 14m:30s about upsampling) www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdPU2TZylSs ; upsampling doesn't increase information, but makes better sound by using more...
  6. H

Thank you. The RME ADI-2 PRO has SRC, the RME ADI-2 DAC not indeed.
  7. H

Hi, does anybody know if the RME ADI-2 DAC does internal upsampling when feeding 44.1khz through SPDIF?
  8. H

Is their any evidence that the SMPS in a Mac Mini audibly degrades sound quality?

Ground connections between equipment as one of the base problems, yes. They interacts with the digital section of any dac including timing (hf) related distortions. Breaking the ground by using Toslink is an easy way to eliminate a part of these problems. Or using a USB galvanic splitter can be...
  9. H

Is their any evidence that the SMPS in a Mac Mini audibly degrades sound quality?

Hi all, i just joined this great forum! At this time Mac Mini is my favorite toslink streamer for my toslink DAC. In the past i experienced that streaming audio over LAN gives a lot of jitter related problems, especially in case of using USB(2). Tried LAN filters, usb filters, super clean...
Top Bottom