hwest's latest activity

• H
    hwest replied to the thread Marantz AV10 AV Processor Review.
    Something that is not even available yet will have it's flaws so we can't ever say it's better before it's actually released and used...
  • H
    Can you do 4 independent subs and mix those to the mains, there is a little magic to ARC it blends in the mains like I've never seen.
  • H
    Again, I said I validate I'm in the ballpark and flat doesn't mean better and I have heard many great systems and configurations as I've...
  • H
    hwest reacted to Oddball's post in the thread Marantz AV10 AV Processor Review with Like Like.
    Not really sure what phase matching are you referring to. DLBC definitely aligns all speakers and subs. Audy does not, but one can...
  • H
    Again I'll say I always measure but too much emphasis on measurements here vs the quality of sound is my opinion. Measurements alone...
  • H
    Do you see this flat response on the Marantz SR8015? Is this what passes as good sound? Because if you say yet you're wrong this...
  • H
    Curves only get you so far, assume a flat response with some personal variations on the highs and mids there are so many measurements...
  • H
    Oh boy guys, I don't know what to say about the Subwoofer settings on the Anthem, it's very good and easy to tune even auto tuning the...
  • H
    The answer is yes, before any tweaks of course level matched direct first. However, even with tweaks the was a big improvement above...
  • H
    I paid 6K for my AVM90 but I have some connections. DAC's are definitely superior and that -3 you will never hear in a human ear that's...
  • H
    I know there is plenty of that out there. Of course I always do my measurements but measurements only get you so far, I know everyone...
  • H
    There is no fan noise coming out of the AVM90, I have access to quite a bit of equipment. Before buying the 90 I connected it up to an...
  • H
    Much of the Dirac is marketing we all know you have to tweak far beyond what Dirac base lines for you. Even with ARC Genesis which is...
  • H
    Everything in the build on the AVM90 is better including the board itself and yes the DAC's. Pound for pound Marantz is just a big box...
  • H
    Not my first rodeo, I'm not suffering from a confirmation bias as I have heard soo many systems and soo many configurations I know what...
Top Bottom