Recent content by hvbias

1. H

Show us your bicycles!

How do you like the handling, i.e., things like switchbacks? One reason I went with a trail bike though I've taken it to bike parks a couple of times is it felt more nimble than some of the enduro bikes I'd demoed. No doubt I'd be faster on an enduro bike at a bike park, but then it starts to...
  2. H

Vera Audio midrange horn - polar measurements

Do you have to use a Be diaphragm compression driver to get such wide bandwidth with the midrange horn?
  3. H

Show us your bicycles!

Anyone here ride an e-MTB in an enduro/all mountain/trail geo? I have a 150/150 trail bike with a slightly slacker geo and some of the climbs are absolutely brutal here, and I'm in pretty good shape, a hair into the double digits with body fat. I think some of it is due to childhood asthma that...
  4. H

Ken Fritz - Audiophile Documentary

Ah yes the WaPo comments section, I'm sure they're filled with the enlightened musings of some millennials living in their parent's basement breaking down a man that worked nearly his entire life while they suck on someone else's teet. Unless you've heard the system none of us have any idea how...
  5. H

It's been a while since I've watched the Youtube documentary but I seem to recall he also spent a good amount of time with his sons building things (or they were involved in the family business?), I imagine that was incredible quality time for this man. In a way I'm a little jealous of him and...
  6. H

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

I recognize those photos, assuming that wasn't a scam where the seller is reusing the photos, it's been on and off for sale for many years. If Sennheiser were still able to repair the stators I'd seriously consider buying the headphones without the amp; preferably from the Jan Meier batch as...
  7. H

The article is paywalled so I don't know if this was linked in the article. Here is a documentary piece on his journey building the system: I watched it when it came out, I loved it, you can feel his passion. He certainly knows his classical music performances well.
  8. H

What are the three most expensive audio purchases you've made? How would you do you see them now post hoc?

I always thought it was super tacky when these companies commercialized the names of composers that likely would have wanted nothing to do with them.
  9. H

Harman acquires Roon

I recalled your post when I spoke to an MBL dealer today to make an appointment to hear the 101e, most bizarrely this dealer also does high end custom kitchens, never heard of a hifi dealer doing that o_O I could see Roon as being quite an attractive solution for these mega million houses that...
  10. H

Harman acquires Roon

Agree, JRiver really looks its age. They are charging for a new version every year so they need to do better than just these extremely minor tweaks with every new version. But on the flip side I can see people liking JRiver because it's old fashioned, some people (generally older) just really...
  11. H

What are the best websites to buy used pro audio gear?

I've used Gearslutz and had a great experience. Any others? Thanks.
  12. H

Are MBL omnidirectional speakers worth the $$$?

These are going to be a slow purchase decision. Hearing them at dealers as well as hopefully owner's homes. I have had great experiences when posting to boards like Audiogon and asking about speakers then either being invited by or asking others if I could hear their system, on a low estimate I...
  13. H

I have heard the 101 or whatever variants throughout the years going back to 2004 but only at audio shows, and like others have mentioned they play loud electronic music. I couldn’t take anything away from them. I’ve owned MMG and 3.5R. I have a very hard time describing them but in that...
  14. H

I was catching up with an online friend turned IRL friend, wishing him a Happy New Year, discussing the concerts he'd been to since we last spoke, etc. And he mentioned hearing the 101 at an owner's house and being completely stunned by the sound. I've had some lengthy conversations with him on...
  15. H

Omnidirectional speakers

Have you heard MBL speakers with classical?
Top Bottom