Recent content by HTNut1975

1. HTNut1975

KEF R6 meta Measurements and Review

That’s a beautiful looking center.
  2. HTNut1975

Revel F208 Tower Speaker Review

I'm selling mine and they're mint. Not sure if you want piano black, though.
  3. HTNut1975

SOLD: Revel F208 (Piano Black)

Selling my F208’s. Excellent aesthetic and working condition. Still have the wrapping on the bottom and one of the speakers has the wrapping around most of the body. Mint. Located in Middle, TN. Will ship insured. I also posted this on AVS. $2,995 plus shipping/PayPal.
  4. HTNut1975

JBL SDP-55 Audio/Video Processor Review

Yes, I do have an assumption that there's a probability it will happen, though I wouldn't be my life on it or anything. Dirac has publicly stated that they planned to release future upgrades on a yearly basis. But, it is certainly understandable to be skeptical of that because DLBC was...
  5. HTNut1975

Out of curiosity, why would you discount the present value of a future upgrade from Dirac being free? They do plan on releasing future updates with additional modules. It seems to me that adds to the resale value of it. As far as the "about damn time"--my experience with it has been for the...
  6. HTNut1975

Ok, just doing a very quick glance on the last page of the HTP thread on AVS--there's a bug being discussed (evidently the Auro 3D VOG channel isn't available, and there's some sort of delay with the simulated VOG channel, and the newest updated firmware has killed the rear heights in that...
  7. HTNut1975

You had said there wasn't any hardware/software that distinguished it--the JBL comes with DLBC natively, along with any future Dirac upgrades. Comparing internet direct to msrp dealer prices isn't commensurate, to the best of my knowledge (e.g., I'm unaware of getting a good "deal" with...
  8. HTNut1975

DLBC doesn't set it apart? I don't know all of the differences, but I imagine there are a variety of different hardware tidbits that vary between the units. Are you saying that there are no bugs at all, so no need for additional firmware (but for adding a new feature, or something of the like)?
  9. HTNut1975

That would require going back and reading through the HTP-1 thread, but there are bugs (perhaps an HTP-1 owner can chime in?).
  10. HTNut1975

I was going to chime in and say the same, but then I refrained. I would not consider the current firmware iteration of the Arcam/JBL/Audiocontrol units a bug-ridden mess. The unique features with the JBL (Dante and Logic 16) are the primary functions left to "get right." There are a couple of...
  11. HTNut1975

I own this unit and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. The trick will be to find a good dealer who can give you a good price below msrp. Since it already comes with DLBC, that's an additional 500 bucks worth of Dirac upgrades that it comes with (and, any additional upgrade that Dirac furnishes in...
  12. HTNut1975

Understanding Balanced Audio (video)

Amir, I’m absolutely loving these videos! This is good stuff that’s going to last for us laypersons in the group.
  13. HTNut1975

Review Questions for Flagship Processors: Trinnov, Storm, JBL, Lyngdorf, Datasat

Lol very true. I was thinking the same thing! Carry on!
  14. HTNut1975

Review Questions for Flagship Processors: Trinnov, Storm, JBL, Lyngdorf, Datasat

But what does that functionally entail and how can that be measured to show greater performance?
Top Bottom