Recent content by hrbngr

1. H

Hifiman HE400se Owner's Thread.

Drop has a Memorial Day sale on the HE-X4 right now for $89. Is that still a good buy/option at this point? Also, they do sell the Dekoni ear pads for it, but is anyone aware of more comfortable/cooler pads than stock--if they phones getting warm from use is still an issue...
  2. H

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

I just booted up my Win10 PC this afternoon and I now have no sound at all from my DX3 pro. I was initially running w/native win10 driver, but i went ahead and installed 4.82 and swapped USB cables. Display is lit, USB light is solid, not blinking, but no audio from headphones. Output device...
  3. H

Review and Measurements of DACPort HD and Dragonfly Red

So, there have been a lot of small usb dac/amps since this was released, and many that test better here on ASR, but still--none of them get close to the power of this one. I'm debating buying a 2nd one during the current Drop for backup purposes, since it's still my best option for just...
  4. H

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

I found this adapter on Amazon: 2.5mm male to xlr female adapter Would this work so i could connect my HD 6XX w/XLR balanced cable to it? then to the 9038s? Would this drive the 6XXs acceptably?
  5. H

Review and Measurements of Grace Design Balanced DAC

Amir, thanks for the review. This sits right on top of my THX AAA 789 quite nicely and I'll probably replace my SU8 with it as there is less cabling as well as less fiddling to do. Drivers installed automatically in windows 7 using the usb1.0 option, i'm sure the Windows 10 connectivity is better.
  6. H

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

Roen, thanks. Looking forward to Amir's review of the Grace Balanced DAC.
  7. H

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

For those of you that ordered the Grace SDAC Balanced. What gain setting are you currently using? I have mine currently set to ?Level? (1) using foobar2000 v1.4.6 WASAPI (event) on Windows 7 64bit Home Of note, I have the DAC set to the USB 1 option per the instructions, for the USB 1.0...
  8. H

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Nice discount! Did you have a credit? I tried buying another but no discount--and no options that reduce the price.
  9. H

So, since the dacport HD needed a driver for Windows 10, I settled on the audioengine D3 for use with the corporate laptop. I'll use it with the senn 580 at work instead of the 650 as it's a little underpowered for those cans. I still would be interested in a dacport, but it looks like CEntrance...
  10. H

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

I was on the request list for the Grace balanced DAC since last year, so in for one. I hope that Amir gets a test unit before the 30 day return guarantee runs out so that it's performance can be confirmed while still having the option to return. $150 price is nice and I do already have the 789...
  11. H

Will the DACPort HD work natively with Windows 7 without Drivers? I want to use this on my corporate laptop and am unable to install any add'l software to support the DAC. If not, would the SMSL Idea or Musiland MU2 or Audioengine be the recommendation. This would be for HD6XX (650s) btw.
  12. H

Review and Measurements of Gustard DAC-X26

DuxServit, I do really like the idea of the top 3 or 5 or whatever (currently available) top-ranking units be verified as well. I guess it really comes down to Amir's availability and the worthiness or desire of certain units to be confirmed/re-tested by the posters.
  13. H

Thanks GP! ...if only i had bought some bitcoins back in the day...
  14. H

I would personally appreciate it if one of the skeptical yet well-to-do members here pick up another Gustard DAC-X26 as soon as possible and have it directly shipped to Amir for corroborative testing. Our more budget-focused members would be deeply grateful. Let's get to the bottom of this...
  15. H

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

Happythoughts, Based on the previous posts, it looks like you have a lot of nice options for balanced cables. I would also go with amazon basics rca for now and get either blue jeans or ghent audio for balanced if you decide to stay with that cabling vs going balanced for custom length...
Top Bottom