Recent content by hpp8140

1. H

Review and Measurements of Paradigm PW-Link Streamer/DAC

Yeah, I wish they could have improved on it...having ARC in this small form factor was huge for me. I want to pull the trigger on an Anthem receiver, but it is expensive and didn't measure well here either :(, I read about many bugs, and only the top of the line models time align the subwoofer...
  2. H

New KEF speaker?

carbon :cool:
  3. H

2.1 DSP System Without AVR?

AnthemAV: Paradigm PW-Link or Martin Logan Unision (same product but with Airplay)
  4. H

WiiM Pro - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

yeah I agree, it's a unique device great on sale. I hope Anthem give it another go, to add optical and ditch PlayFi for Chromecast (even though it doesn't support hi-res).
  5. H

WiiM Pro - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

Too bad, I was hoping to replace my Fiio D3 DAC with the Wiim Pro and use it as a streamer instead of PlayFi in my AMP. TV > Fiio D3 optical input > Paradigm PW AMP (Play-Fi) analog input TV > Wiim Pro optical input > Paradigm PW AMP (Play-Fi) analog input
  6. H

How and what service are you streaming when it cuts out? The downside to the PlayFi implementation is that the app streams to the hardware device. The device does not directly connect to the service, so it does may not help if you hardwire...the bottle neck will be the speed of the app mobile...
  7. H

Some are using external dacs....don't have experience with DACs to comment. I currently use FIIO D3 DAC from my Tv to the unit. I am watching the WIIM pro streamer coming out to use as the DAC from the TV and hopefully ditch the use of playfi for streaming. Edit: oops wrong thread...I was...
  8. H

Yes, had the same issues using wifi...now I have the unit hardwired for hires. What are you trying to play? I find it is better to use Bubbleupnp app to stream local DLNA, qobuz, tidal to the device instead, but don't think it's available in apple. I also have better luck with hires using the...
  9. H

I agree for stability. Some PlayFi units support airplay, like the Martin Logan forte. I also use BubbleUPnP DLNA to stream from local server. Also, it now has chromecast support depending on device, but all this is too convoluted. https://play-fi.com/news/dts-play-fi-integrates-chromecast-built-in
  10. H

LoL I agreed at some point, but PlayFi has improved so much.....works well enough with Amazon, Qobuz. I wish the Transfer playback would be set once like Chromecast...it's a weird experience switching back and forth everytime you play a new song the way it works now.
  11. H

Review and Measurements of Paradigm PW Amp

Yes, discounted straight from the manufacturer's website. The PW-AMP is sold out, but the Martin Logan version adds an Airplay chip; otherwise, it is the same exact hardware/software product. I also own the ML Unison, but when I received the ML Forte AMP I was reminded how awful the case...
  12. H

Review and Measurements of Paradigm PW Amp

Update: purchased the ML Forte and no more noise...guess my PW-AMP was defective....not sure what happened because I don't remember the noises when I first got it. Well, we will see how the Forte lasts....there's nothing else like it, so at least I got another on sale, which is what it's worth...
Top Bottom